• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Remains found at Kamloops residential school 'not an isolated incident,' Indigenous experts and leaders warn

It was a marked cemetery not a dump site. For whatever reason the church removed the tombstones in the 60's but if you look at the photos the flag markers are more or less in neat rows.

Hmmm how convenient they ‘just’ discovered this. Prepare for more reparations in the form of burned churches.
With the price of lumber, selling the wood seems like it would be more economical.

Look out for those spent casings, they're hot....

Bennett issues public apology after Jody Wilson-Raybould accuses her of sending 'racist' private message​

Bennett suggested Wilson-Raybould's recent Indigenous activism was ploy to secure MP pension​

Former minister of justice and attorney general of Canada Jody Wilson-Raybould and then minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs Carolyn Bennett. (Adrian Wyld/Canadian Press)

The federal cabinet minister responsible for Crown-Indigenous relations apologized publicly to an Indigenous MP today after suggesting Jody Wilson-Raybould's concern over residential schools and Indigenous rights was really a ploy to secure a generous MP pension.

"Earlier I offered my apologies directly to the MP for Vancouver-Granville. I let interpersonal dynamics get the better of me and sent an insensitive and inappropriate comment, which I deeply regret and shouldn't have done," Minister of Crown-Indigenous Relations Carolyn Bennett said in a social media post.

Former justice minister and attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould, the Independent MP for Vancouver Granville, famously resigned from the Liberal cabinet and was later removed from the party by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau over the SNC-Lavalin affair.

Requires judicious use of dynamite. (Church, Blasted, currently residing in OK Falls.)

As I understand it, both Churches were on reserve land.

Who, then would form their congregations?

City-dwelling white people?

Who would get married in them?

Who would be baptized in them?

Whose funerals would be conducted in them?

What communities' functions would be held in them?

Who would benefit from charities supported and conducted by them?

Who would their soup kitchens feed?

Who most suffers from there loss?

Who is least likely to have torched them?

Who is most likely to have torched them?

I shudder to think that a hundred years from now some forum will be arguing that we can’t judge the nazi regime by the standards of that time.

"The standards of that time" did not include mass genocide or forced horrific "medical" experiments.

Some things are just wrong.

Abusing and dehumanizing people is one of those things.

First Nations angry at the church for residential schools.
Far-left white knights who are angry at the church
Far-right who want to implicate the First Nations.
Far-left who want to implicate the far right
Liberal Party of Canada who wanted a little extra support pushing bill C-36 through.

I'll take door #5

10% never get the word....

Priest under fire after sermon on the 'good done' by Catholic Church on residential schools​

Clips of last Sunday's controversial sermon widely criticized on social media​

A Mississauga, Ont., priest is under fire after a sermon referencing the "good done" by the Roman Catholic Church in residential schools, saying some might go so far as to even thank it.

During his sermon at the Merciful Redeemer Parish last Sunday, Monsignor Owen Keenan referenced the Kamloops, B.C., residential school where the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc First Nation reported it had discovered the preliminary remains of more than 200 children in unmarked graves in May.

10% never get the word....

Priest under fire after sermon on the 'good done' by Catholic Church on residential schools​

Clips of last Sunday's controversial sermon widely criticized on social media​

A Mississauga, Ont., priest is under fire after a sermon referencing the "good done" by the Roman Catholic Church in residential schools, saying some might go so far as to even thank it.

During his sermon at the Merciful Redeemer Parish last Sunday, Monsignor Owen Keenan referenced the Kamloops, B.C., residential school where the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc First Nation reported it had discovered the preliminary remains of more than 200 children in unmarked graves in May.

Its a bit tone deaf isn't it? Or at least I see it that way.

On the other hand the grovelers and apologists grate my nerves too.

The Catholic Church seems to be standing out as the number one bad guy in the matter. The Presbyterian, Anglican, and United Churches all apologized in the early 90's and seem to have avoided most of the recent backlash.

The Catholic Church seems to be standing out as the number one bad guy in the matter. The Presbyterian, Anglican, and United Churches all apologized in the early 90's and seem to have avoided most of the recent backlash.
The Catholic church is an easy target. Its huge and wealthy. PLUS priests who...violate their vows to their god are numerous.

I know it's Wikipedia, but this seems a good summary of where things stand right now regarding the churches. It seems that the RC church is the only one who hasn't come right out and said 'sorry':

Canadian Indian residential school system​

On May 29, 2017, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau asked the current Pope Francis for a public apology to all survivors of the residential school system, rather than the expression of sorrow issued in 2009.[115][116][117] The request aligned with the Truth and Reconciliation Commission's call for "a formal apology issued by the Pope to the survivors of the residential school system for the spiritual, cultural, emotional, physical and sexual abuse of Canada's First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples".[118] Trudeau invited the Pope to issue the apology in Canada. Although no commitment for such an apology followed the meeting, he noted that the Pope pointed to a lifelong commitment of supporting marginalized people and an interest in working collaboratively with Trudeau and Canadian bishops to establish a way forward.[115]

PM Trudeau says Crown-Indigenous minister's text to Wilson-Raybould 'wrong' but defends her work​

Link
OTTAWA -- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said a recent text from the Crown-Indigenous relations minister to Independent MP Jody Wilson-Raybould was “wrong” -- but he expressed confidence in Carolyn Bennett’s ability to remain in her position.

Addressing reporters on Friday, Trudeau said he was pleased to see Bennett apologize to her former colleague, that he knows “her heart” and recognizes the efforts she puts into the file.

Who is least likely to have torched them?

I don't agree with all this publication shares, but there's more than just a kernel of truth here about the Big Church-Indigenous spiritualism divide in some places. More grist for the mill ....

I don't agree with a lot of what I see in the various sources that I trawl, either regularly or sporadically, but there are worthy articles, of varying frequency, in all of them.

And that includes articles with which I disagree, because they make me think and re-evaluate.

No segment of any society anywhere is a solid monolith. There will always be different views.

This was a good one.

And I see more that I intend to read as well.

Thanks.

... No segment of any society anywhere is a solid monolith. There will always be different views ...
A variation on this that I tell people: nothing has everything, but everything has something.
I don't agree with a lot of what I see in the various sources that I trawl, either regularly or sporadically, but there are worthy articles, of varying frequency, in all of them.

And that includes articles with which I disagree, because they make me think and re-evaluate ....
100%

Back