• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regulations for headdress with Combats

RussBar119 said:
It was until everyone had to satisfy their online egos.

Question was answered. We go off on tangents sometimes, but we have mods to put us back on track. Issues?

Scott said:
lethalLemon,

Just a friendly word of advice: stop taking yourself so seriously. Most of this is not directed at you, least not from me. ;)

I was speaking in generalities really ;)

Thank you all for clearing up the issue about headdress with combats

Pusser said:
A word of caution to any mess deck lawyers thinking about this:  sometimes the price of being right is higher than you might think

They did the same thing to me, no beret with combats etc yet the C/RSM was wearing one. I might of quoted a CATO or two and it evolved to be wear the cookie cutter not the regimental cap badge in field. On the Ex that followed they gave me an ultimatum and being proud I made a deal with the devil, "I shall not loose my regimental cap badge"

On the Ex I had to lead a couple of junior cadets in small party taskings, including setting up a bivouac
I was preoccupied with doing something up high with both hands trying to get a rope on a branch to hang food and my beret fell off, it was returned back up to me by one of the persons accessing me, I put it back on without noticing
later I discover it has no regimental Cap badge. I look all over the place and couldn't find it, get in blast of .... and am no longer allowed to wear a regimental cap badge for some time
I return back to the same location after the weekend determined to find it (Ex was in a secluded bush location close to my house) to no avail.

I later talk to the ******* who assessed me, a year or so later (when he was no longer in) he confessed to stealing the cap badge (confirming my suspicions) at the request of the C/RSM to teach me a lesson. I never bothered pursuing it as too much time had passed.

A lot of great people but sometimes there is a few bad eggs

Keep that in mind when playing hardball to what you think are BS rules, politics and favouritism

Back