• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regulations for cold weather in dress uniform

jordan360s

Inactive
Reaction score
I have the coat for my Deu's but i do not know what badges go on it, it's bare right now and rememberance day is tomorrow. My transfer is still going though to my new unit so i will unofficially attending tomorrows reef laying ceremony in Edmonton. Also i will be wearing thermals under my uniform is that allowed if they are not visible?

You can wear thermals under your uniform, I have done it for several cold Manitoban parades.

dangerboy said:
You can wear thermals under your uniform, I have done it for several cold Manitoban parades.

Just ensure you have room under your uniform.  Nothing like splitting the arse our out of your pants while on pde.

>:D

The OP has nothing on his DEU tunic and you guys are commenting on wearing thermals??

To the OP:  I would suggest NOT wearing your uniform to the ceremony.  But still go. 

jordan360s said:
I have the coat for my Deu's but i do not know what badges go on it, it's bare right now and rememberance day is tomorrow. My transfer is still going though to my new unit so i will unofficially attending tomorrows reef laying ceremony in Edmonton. Also i will be wearing thermals under my uniform is that allowed if they are not visible?

First off, its "wreath", not reef. 

Secondly, since you say you are transferring to a new unit that implies that you have an old unit that you are leaving and supposedly still active with.  In your profile you state that old unit is the Royal Newfoundland Regt.  Since you have an old unit, and assuming you are still a member of that old unit, I'd suggest you wear the RNR badges you previously wore.  If you are not officially part of that unit any longer then that implies you are not an active member of the CF and if that is the case I'd recommend against wearing uniform of any kind. 

cupper said:
But he can still wear the thermals. ;D

True.  If he goes that way he'll fit right in with the local medieval reenactors who clank along in their homemade suits of armour when they go up to lay a wreath at the "Butter Dome" in Edmonton (right after the South Edmonton Teachers Credit Union Caretakers Association). 

PMedMoe said:
The OP has nothing on his DEU tunic and you guys are commenting on wearing thermals??

To the OP:  I would suggest NOT wearing your uniform to the ceremony.  But still go.

I said coat not tunic, my tunic is all badged and ready. Have you not seen the Deu long coat before?

jordan360s said:
I said coat not tunic, my tunic is all badged and ready. Have you not seen the Deu long coat before?

Just to avoid confusion in the future the proper term for the coat is Gabardine. I think a lot of people thought you were referring to your tunic when you were talking about badges going on it.   

dangerboy said:
Just to avoid confusion in the future the proper term for the coat is Gabardine. 

Dress instructions and Logistik argue that.

OK, you are correct according to the dress manual the word gabardine is in brackets

topcoat (gabardine) – normally worn during
the winter dress period, but can be worn
during unseasonably cold summer weather

jordan360s said:

Nope.....never in my 24+ years.....  ::)

PMedMoe said:
Nope.....never in my 24+ years.....  ::)

I was waiting with baited breath for your response on that one!!  How anticlimactic!

Navy is easy-We don't wear anything other than rank on the gabardine.

Pat in Halifax said:
I was waiting with baited breath for your response on that one!!  How anticlimactic!

Navy is easy-We don't wear anything other than rank on the gabardine.

My apologies.  I had been drinking so I didn't type what I really wanted to.  >:D

Okay Parade's over and I can assume the OP didn't show up just wearing his long undies because I'm sure we would have heard about it by now.  One point to the OP, check your profile there is no such thing as the Royal Edmonton Regiment, I think you mean you're now attached to the Loyal Edmonton Regiment.Hopefully you get that right before your new RSM notices and has a chat with your old RSM, who in turn will not be amused by the fact you've got the name of present Regiment wrong in the same profile. Better Than The Best son.  8)

Danjanou said:
Okay Parade's over and I can assume the OP didn't show up just wearing his long undies because I'm sure we would have heard about it by now.  One point to the OP, check your profile there is no such thing as the Royal Edmonton Regiment, I think you mean you're now attached to the Loyal Edmonton Regiment.Hopefully you get that right before your new RSM notices and has a chat with your old RSM, who in turn will not be amused by the fact you've got the name of present Regiment wrong in the same profile. Better Than The Best son.  8)

Or just send a message to his old RSM (who you know Danjanou  ;)) who will no doubt talk to his new RSM...

NFLD Sapper said:
Or just send a message to his old RSM (who you know Danjanou  ;)) who will no doubt talk to his new RSM...

Know him, I remember when he was a numpty Pte in the recruit platoon I was in charge of, kind of like the OP here. Do you know how old that makes me feel now? :'(

Danjanou said:
Know him, I remember when he was a numpty Pte in the recruit platoon I was in charge of, kind of like the OP here. Do you know how old that makes me feel now? :'(

Nothing a wee dram or two wouldn't cure.

Back