• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re: Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Sir John A Macdonald Chapter

PMedMoe said:
Well, no one has suggested any other weekends, although I'm open for either the 21st or the 28th.  After that we get into the Aug long weekend which may not be suitable for people.

Any other suggestions?????  ???
I guess it's up to The Man himself  :D

Just a thought, but maybe we could combine a M&G with one of the shows at Fort Henry?  There's a mini Tattoo on around the 27th of July (for example).

What I see going for July is:

July 20-21 - Concert - Kingston Symphony - 1812 Overture

July 27 - 28 - Tattoo - US Navy Ceremonial Guard (Great Lakes) as guests.

August 18-19 -  has the USMC's silent drill team, Drum and Bugle as guests.

Well as I said, I may get there. So any date really is good for me, plus I would like to see the mini Tattoo at Ft Henry.

Ya the shows at Ft Henry are always good. The only issue was living behind Ft Henry in the Q's with small kids dame fireworks lol

Hey,

I might even be available for the August timframe (or at least in the same province).  The shows at Ft Henry are cool - especially the Marines.

MM

Hey, Fort Henry is great, I have no problems with that.  I am still looking for a "majority" vote on the dates for the M&G.

Pending any last minute bug-outs, I'm Good2Go for any date in Jul or Aug...

G2G

I'm not going anywhere (today, so far, yet  ;)) Any date for me is good, I even have advance permission from Mrs Wook (she said she'd even drive me so I could partake! She was out in the rain a lot today, must be the water  ;D)

Wook

Is there some kind of requirement to attending one of these events?  They sound interesting, but I wouldn't want to go to one if I wasn't invited.  Once I've got my occupational training completed, I might be inclined to show up at one of these things and baffle people with my usual bullshit.

Bobby Rico said:
Is there some kind of requirement to attending one of these events?  They sound interesting, but I wouldn't want to go to one if I wasn't invited.  Once I've got my occupational training completed, I might be inclined to show up at one of these things and baffle people with my usual bullshit.

Yep, there's a secret handshake and you need your Orphan Annie Decoder Ring!!  ;)  Just kidding, reading the post is the "formal" invite and anyone can attend!!

Never been to a meet and greet but since I just moved to Gananoque from Kingston last month i guess I still consider myself a Kingstonion and this sounds like a good idea. Margaritaville on the strip on Ontario ST. would be a great place to gather the troops, but as you know, if you have been to Kingston before the amount of bars to choose from won,t be a problam. Sign me up.

Margaritaville on the strip is nice but usually very crowded which is why I figured the Tir nan Og would be a good choice (lots of patio area along the back side).  Now it seems we are still looking for votes on the date: 21 or 28 July?

No change to this.

21st: I'm at CFC in Toronto until the 21st and won't be sure when I'll be escaping until closer in.

28th: No go

Plan for the majority, and if I can fit in, I will.  :-\

Well, I'm for either date, too, so we'll see if there are any other votes.

Back