• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions about transferring to infantry

redzaku

Inactive
Reaction score
I have sent in my application, passed the interview and the medical, my references checked but waiting for my fitness test. I was given the bad news that I could not join infantry due to my vision being poor however I was given the choice to join weapon technician, so I took it. I was thinking of staying as weapon tech for a year or two, but I was wondering if I can re-badge and transfer into infantry, if I were to get laser eye surgery.
Can someone shed some light on my question?
Thanks
red

I would recommend you to not get in a trade wanting to OT right from the beggining. The transfer itself can take many years to get through, and you have to do a minimum of 3 years maybe even more in a trade you may not want to do for that long. I had lasik surgery before getting in and had to wait 6 months to get cleared for medical but imo you should get the surgery wait the 6 months then apply for infantry right from the get go. Good luck

Back