• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question regarding university degree, opportunities in the military.

Sean Murray said:
Hello,

Hopefully it is alright to ask this last question; would it be considered normal for someone with a university degree to apply as a NCM member of the Canadian Forces since they do not have the qualities to be a leader?

I have three degrees including a Master's in Education. Having education does not give you a rank or a salary. The only thing it gives you is choice. Plenty of NCM's I know have made that choice and are happy being an NCM. Some want to get their foot in the door as an NCM before considering APPLYING for commission. Having a degree does not grant you instant membership to the officer club.

Thank you mail and everyone else for your help. Last question, as an NCM intelligence analyst is it possible to be involved in the production of strategic intelligence documents?

Sean Murray said:
Last question, as an NCM intelligence analyst is it possible to be involved in the production of strategic intelligence documents?

Do you mean NCM Intelligence Operator?

If so, you may find the answer here:

"I want to be Int" Mega-thread 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/12858.200

Back