• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question on cost of training...

RMalik

Inactive
Reaction score
Approximately how much does it cost to train an NCM (Reg) of Combat Arms trades? Who would be paying directly? Would it be the DND?

I was going to put this topic under the sub-forums "Training" or "Combat Arms," but since it is related to money I thought it appropriate to post it here. If this topic is under the wrong sub-forum, I will kindly ask the mods to move it.

If raising a child in Canada to age of 18 costs an average of $305 000, I'd imagine that for a single NCM, from Pte(R) to CWO from age 18 to 55 which is 37 years if I did the math correctly... Geez... easily 1 year of training per head could cost about $500 000... 37 years.... I'm sure you'd have a price tage of $1 billion.

BILLION DOLLAR MAN!  :eek:

Edit: Actually, on second thought, I have no idea. Resuming beer time. Juliet-Sierra-One, out.

lumberjack3 said:
Approximately how much does it cost to train an NCM (Reg) of Combat Arms trades?
It would depend on the occupation.  Why do you want to know?  Are you asking about the cost from civi to trained pte, or the cost to train over a whole career?

lumberjack3 said:
Who would be paying directly? Would it be the DND?
Yes.

MCG said:
It would depend on the occupation.  Why do you want to know?  Are you asking about the cost from civi to trained pte, or the cost to train over a whole career?

I'm just curious, that's all. I recently read a few articles on how much it costs other infantry soldiers from US and UK and was surprised at the figures. I couldn't find anything about on any job in the CF in reference to training costs.

To be specific I am talking about BMQ>BMQ-L>MOC.

Back