• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Queen's Diamond Jubilee Super Thread

jollyjacktar said:
What the hell are they, besides the CD?  ???

I'm sure a check of the two QDJM sites I posted would name most of them, i really can't be bothered. A quick glance earlier did show I'm "entilted" to about a dozen or so, providing I'm willing to waste my beer money on it. I do love how they colour coordinate the ribbons with issued gongs. I't all about having a pleasing pallet especillay when there is no order of precedence.  ::)

Crantor said:
Funny.  The CBC did this big story on the medal.  On how it was designed and how important it was.  The story was narrated by none other than Peter Mansbridge himself.  Yep.  At the end they let everyone know that he himself had just received it too.
Sometimes, correlation DOES imply causality.....

Danjanou said:
I'm sure a check of the two QDJM sites I posted would name most of thjem, i really can't be bothered. A quick glance earlier did show I'm "entilted" to about a dozen or so, providing I'm willing to waste my beer money on it. I do love how they colour coordinate the ribbons with issued gongs. I't all about having a pleasing pallet especillay when there is no order of precedence.  ::)

OK  found some of them, vini vidi barfi.  I went, looked and puked.  That's just sad...how inferior they must feel to spash out on that ... bling.  :not-again:  Sadder still on what a selection there is for all the Walts out there

Political hand-outs aside, having seen higher direction on the CF implementation of this recognition I generally have faith that this one will go to deserving members.  The chain of command is vetting all submissions to ensure that personnel being awarded the QDJM are, generally, among the top 10%.  The ORMM process is (roughly) being applied as a guideline.

The top 10% of what??

As far as I can tell, it was turned into a "PC quota system" rather than "most deversing mbrs".  So I have to disagree with your "top 10%".

Right or wrong, it doesn't appear much different than the 125 gong-show (pun intended).

::)

Infanteer said:
..... I generally have faith that this one will go to deserving members.  The chain of command is vetting all submissions to ensure that personnel being awarded the QDJM are, generally, among the top 10%.....
I remember when you were more of a field soldier than a G1 type.    >:D

Eye In The Sky said:
The top 10% of what??

As far as I can tell, it was turned into a "PC quota system" rather than "most deversing mbrs".  So I have to disagree with your "top 10%".

Submit the top 10-15% of your soldiers at each rank level.  Pretty simple direction.  Although the contradictory nature of para 1 (merit is the sole criteria) and para 2 (EE groups will be represented) is odd, I imagine it will be a tripping point only for a minority of the cases.

I've been involved with two annual iterations of the ORMM process; from my formation, the submissions are generally excellent and the right people get inducted into the Order.  The "quota" system has not caused problems for us when vetting ORMM submissions, hence my belief that it will only be a minor issue.  If the ORMM process is roughly being applied to the QDJM, which is highlighted in the CDS' intent and what I have observed to date, then I think the right people will be getting this.

Journeyman said:
I remember when you were more of a field soldier than a G1 type.    >:D

Field soldier...pfft.  Don't you have a budget or a charity event to oversee.... :warstory:

Infanteer said:
Field soldier...pfft.  Don't you have a budget or a charity event to oversee.... :warstory:
I wish; I'm sitting here doing QDJM nominations.  ;)

Now if only I had an aboriginal WO who's 15% female......

Strike said:
Hypothermia must be setting in...

Do you get a medal for that?

Journeyman said:
I wish; I'm sitting here doing QDJM nominations.  ;)

Now if only I had an aboriginal WO who's 15% female......

I can check the waiting room at work if you want. >:D

milnews.ca said:
The first 60 for the Queen's 60th being presented today - from the GG's Info-machine....
And right after the first 60: http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=photos&template=detail_eng.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=30481&site=combatcamera

Rheostatic said:
And right after the first 60: http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=photos&template=detail_eng.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=30481&site=combatcamera

That's so he and his wife can have matching medals.

He was obviously at the top 10% of 4* Generals in the CF!  :)

Infanteer said:
He was obviously at the top 10% of 4* Generals in the CF!  :)

You remember he does lurk here now and then right Fridgetech. "Career going well....... career STOPS!"  8)

or at least your QDJM just got reassigned.

We've just convened a committee to nominate people for the medal. I, of course, pointed out that those on the team could not in good consience receive the medal itself. Consternation resulted...

This is an excellent rumour to start. Please pay it forward ;D

daftandbarmy said:
We've just convened a committee to nominate people for the medal. I, of course, pointed out that those on the team could not in good consience receive the medal itself. Consternation resulted...

This is an excellent rumour to start. Please pay it forward ;D

Unlike a certain unit I know whose three member committee for the 125 medal all coincidentally ended up with the only three 125 medals awarded to the unit. ::)

Danjanou said:
Unlike a certain unit I know whose three member committee for the 125 medal all coincidentally ended up with the only three 125 medals awarded to the unit. ::)

Are you fucking serious? What a load of utter bullshit.

I saw a MARGEN and a MARLANTGEN today on the subject of the allocation of the QDJM to those orgs.

I've seen shorter DAODs.

Back