• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

POST YOUR FAVORITE RIFLE HERE

• Thread starter SoldierBoi69
  • Start date
DSC01718.jpg

DSC01716.jpg

Ported Glock, and Colt Commando with 11" barrel and Holosight.

Note: All guns owned by Popurhedoff

Infidel and Hitormiss, those are good pictures. I take it that's you guys carrying the iron? The US vendor is marketing that shoot around the corner thingy to American law enfocement agencies. They had a demo model at the NTOA show last year. It looks like one of those gee whiz gadgets you'd never really use. I think the Nazis made one like that back in 1944. The new one is probably about as useful.

You're lookin' good there. This is more my speed. (That's me lookin' in the khaki shirt makin' believe I know what's goin' on...)

I'm from the Great Southern land and unlike you guys we have this little thing, tiny in fact, you'd barely notice it if you came down, called "Strict & Stupid Gun laws to keep the Yuppies Happy". Meaning that when a bloke took me to the range in Pet with his AR15 and SKS, I was a pretty happy camper. As someone whos civilian rifle knowledge is limited to bolts and levers, it was really good fun and a real eye opener, especially with the SKS.
But to the point! Anyone here fired the old Martini or BSA .310 Cadet? I fell in love with her before i'd even fired a shot. So seeing as the topic is favorite rifles, not best rifles then thats definately in my top 3.
I've also got my Great-Great grandfathers Martini-Enfield carbine at home. Story is that he used it in South Africa during the boer War with the Victorian Mounted rifle, its got notches on the underside and all! Its not in a state that it'd be good to fire (or Shoot!) but its my absolute pride and joy. You can almost feel the history wafting off it.

I still love my longbranch .303....I just hate to shoot the thing.......or my marlin 25 mostly for sentimental reasons

If you hate shooting the Long Branch, get somebody to crank out some 'mild' .303 loads on their Dillon (or whatever), and you will discover mild recoil and great accuracy in the same package.  No reason why you have to shoot MilSurp 174 grain Mk Vll or Mk 8 Z out of sardine cans all of the time. Get some plinking ammo and start driving tacs!

Don't push for really high velocity - the cartridge was originally designed and produced with black powder pushing a 215 grain bullet. It wasn't switched to a double-based smokeless powder propellant until a few years after it was invented. A former Cdn Forces 'Gun Plumber' has a phrase which goes "Heavy bullets at moderate velocities will take heavy game at moderate ranges" or words to that effect.

Have fun!

Hale said:
But to the point! Anyone here fired the old Martini or BSA .310 Cadet? I fell in love with her before i'd even fired a shot. So seeing as the topic is favorite rifles, not best rifles then thats definately in my top 3.
I've also got my Great-Great grandfathers Martini-Enfield carbine at home. Story is that he used it in South Africa during the boer War with the Victorian Mounted rifle, its got notches on the underside and all! Its not in a state that it'd be good to fire (or Shoot!) but its my absolute pride and joy. You can almost feel the history wafting off it.

I have a .577/.450 Martini- Henry that I used to fire all the time, haven't done in years though. To damn expensive, even when you reload. I think, IIRC, the empty cases cost me $5.00 a peice in th late 70's, and I don't think the price has come down at all.

Try Ellwood Epps, I bought some there around 1982.

www.ellwoodepps.com

Email: info@ellwoodepps.com

TCBF said:
Try Ellwood Epps, I bought some there around 1982.

www.ellwoodepps.com

Email: info@ellwoodepps.com

Yeah, I'm always looking, but you just don't find much around. Some guy in Texas is producing them but it's something like $150,00 US for 20. Even new brass is running over $5.00 each. Another option I've been thinking about is a chamber inserts for various .45 cal ammo. If you want to go that route, I might be able to dig up the prints.

Just found Jamison Brass in the States selling 20 unprimed cases for $53 US (then shipping, taxes, yada yada)

Okay I found it, last one in this topic for me. Its CANADIAN, bolt action, .303, and was used in the trenches in the Great War. The M1910 ROSS RIFLE. Although it was crap in the trenches it rules for hunting I took down 6 cyotes in one night with this beast. My pick is this.

RossM1910.jpg

:cdn: :salute: :cdn:

Now, that's a rifle. Not a single piece of synthetic anything on it— just steel and wood.  :soldier:

Red 6 said:
Now, that's a rifle. Not a single piece of synthetic anything on it— just steel and wood. 
google it. You'll learn why it's earned a reputation as the worst rifle in history.

Unless you were a Sniper Para then it was a great weapon.... course everyone else took Lee Enfields .303 off dead British cause the Ross well not so good if you haven't the time to clean it properly.

I'm standin' on the side on this Ross thingy.  ::)

Alright, now, below is a rifle. General Patton was supposed to have said something like, "The M1 is the greatest battle implement ever devised." I'm not 100% sure of the exact wording, but here you go:

:soldier:

Red 6 said:
I'm standin' on the side on this one. Alright, now, this is a rifle:

Heavy, sometimes awkward, tendency to bruise thumbs on slow people, accurate, easily cleaned (sorta), dependable, great for buttstroke, ....good memories.

Nothing to stand aside from Red, Para is very right. In the hands of the average soldier the Ross was a POS. However when properly maintained it was a very very accurate rifle which is how it found a use with the Canadian Sniper's.

I have a soft spot for the Martini-Henry, N0.4 Enfield, FN and will give kudo’s to the M1 for being the first reliable general issue semi-auto.

My all time favorite is the Bren

Those are some great rifles, Baker. I especially like that 98k. Is it very difficult to purcahse M1's nowadays, I would like to get my hands on one in the near future.

those are pretty good pics the G-43 and the M1 are nice but my preference out of the three would have to be the Kar98 my buddies got one that was made in Germany in 1944.

Back