• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Poll Results

• Thread starter MAJOR_Baker
  • Start date
M

MAJOR_Baker

I took a poll this weekend, granted I am not a professional pollster but here goes....

sample size - 50 (margin of error?)

1. Do you think Canada is our Friend?

a. yes b. c 3. Don‘t know

15 - yes 30 no 5 don‘t know

2. Would you support sending troops to assist in the defense of Canada?

a. 20. b. 25 no c. 5 Don‘t know

3. Do you like Canada

a. 10 yes b. 8 no c. 32 Don‘t know

I am not sure what it means, maybe I should ask Michael Moore Of Canadian Bacon fame :p Anyway, I thought the results were interesting, it seems that Canada‘s popularity has taken a slight dip here.

There were a few people that wanted to tell me more, but it was basically a yes no poll.

Interesting poll. Given the 50 samples, what was the demographic breakdown between officers and enlisted, support and combat arm, locations?

The media, particularily the left swing, has a way
of stating facts but does not always articulate a balanced factual analysis of events. Assuming that political and military realites of Canada are not big news makers in the USA, in your opinion, does the results of your poll reflect opinions based on recent or long term events?

Wow, I‘m getting deja vu..
Didn‘t you already do this?

Surveyed demographics? Was it country-wide or state-specific?, did it include all ages/economic status/gender/ethnic origin? Was the poll military-specific, or was it from a civilian pop, or both? How many responded to the poll? Were they from an urban or rural area?

**** you sociology and psychology classes for making me think like this!!!

I think its silly for Americans to say that Canada is not a friend. Sure, we‘re a mooching, whiney, disrespectful friend, but we‘re still buddies.

‘we‘ being the government mainly, but in large part many people too.

Nice to see your doing your part to heal the rift between Canada and the US Sherwood. :rolleyes:

Now I‘m going to go stand in front of Concordia and poll ppl if they like the USA.. gee I wonder what the outcome will be. Pretty pointless poll.

I think Sherwood enjoys having the US p1ssed at Canada because he sure enjoys stirring Anti American and Anti Canadian opinions.

Don‘t you have anything better to do? I mean a supply officer probably can get a bit bored at times but I‘m sure you can go out on the floor and count socks or something productive.

Slainte,

Jeez, why is everyone jumping on this guy. We should know by now that Americans don‘t really have an opinion by an large about us. And unless they live near the border they could care less about us. Maclean‘s, CTV and the CBC can do all the opinion polls about Canadian attitudes towards the US they want, and it won‘t make a differnce to the Americans. They have a few more important (important for them) things to deal with. Like a war, their economy, a coming election. We need to get off of our high horses some times.

How about we open a forum or thread on whos country is better, why someone sucks, flames and all around i‘m better then you type posts so we can keep the other topics professional?

A "trolling" forum? sounds like a good idea.. then we‘d have a nice place to banish useless topics.

"Ex-Dragoon, you posted the results of some poll by Macleans Magazine, so I thought I would see what the "American" street was thinking...what I got out of the poll was that the majority of the People in Tucson do not have Canada on their radar screen. What is so sinister and maddening about that? I suspect this would change pretty quick if terrorists start basing operations out of Canada."

Actually no I didn‘t i just commented on some points made by that poll. if you go back and read the thread through (which I can‘t find) you will realize your error Sherwood.

Back