• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Poll: Pay to go to cadets or not

Do you think we should pay to go to cadets?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • No.

Votes: 74 79.6%
  • It depends on the amount of money we have to pay.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
The best part of our program is because it's free. If we lose that, many units will decline in size either beacuse cadets can't, or won't pay them money. It's meant to be a fre program that anyone can join. If we force people to pay for cadets it becomes something that many can't do. That's why no one should have to pay a single cent to join.

P.S. On the wargames thing, if you want to do that, join the reserves. Get a life and stop bitching about it not being in cadets.

condor888000 said:
P.S. On the wargames thing, if you want to do that, join the reserves. Get a life and stop bitching about it not being in cadets.
...............................................................................................................

Heres a little piece of info.  The british Cadet forces serve as a third line of defence.  Would you like to pay money to get shot at if invavded?

Arent we also the third line of defence? REGS,RESV, CADETS? I have always been told that...may be wrong though, I would be pretty happy if we were the third line.Though someof my counterparts wont agree. Paying a little fee, im talking small that anybody could afford and for those who cant afford we dip into the lord Strathcona fund, if everyone is paying then the load on this fund would be diminished so in other words would be able to support the minority. WAR GAMES cmon guys actual war games not find the injured pilot in the wood without pretending to hold a rifle! We got in trouble by some CIC capt at ACC because our BSM called out grenade or "bang bang bang" and we responded by DDCOF, and actually Play fired back, it made things much more fun. Just my two cents...think about it...give a little get ALOT   :warstory: :threat: :akimbo:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UBIQUE!!!!!!!!

Cpl Banks,

It states on the cadet website that cadets will NOT be used in a combat role.  I expect that if canada were to be invaded that all that would go down the tube but technically they will not be used.

Thanks alot, rumors was all, it helps that you cleared it up...too bad though  :p lol thnaks again
UBIQUE!!!!!!!!!!

I really doubt we would be used as a third line of defence. Canada would be screwed by the time they needed us. What might happen is they may use cadets as more of a way to prep teens for the military, so that when they hit x years old, boom into the forces. It would take a major war over multiple years for anything even remotely resembling that to happen though...

*becomes paranoid* If the commies invaded...if they did...I would be all with the shooting of them with air rifles...

You know, it would make more sense if you were mobile...hop in back, it's safe, no engine for them to hit...

A slightly off topic anecdote, but during the first Gulf War I was a young LAC and my SWO convinced us that we would be deploying as stretcher bearers to Kuwait in a matter of days.  I remember the irate phone calls from parents trying to verify the rumours.  IIRC about 20-30 cadets were pulled out of the squadron.

condor888000 said:
You know, it would make more sense if you were mobile...hop in back, it's safe, no engine for them to hit...

OOOH WHAT FUN!!! *giggles like school girl and pulls out a plethora of weaponry* .... Is the glider balanced? :p

PPCLI MCpl said:
A slightly off topic anecdote, but during the first Gulf War I was a young LAC and my SWO convinced us that we would be deploying as stretcher bearers to Kuwait in a matter of days.   I remember the irate phone calls from parents trying to verify the rumours.   IIRC about 20-30 cadets were pulled out of the squadron.
Wow, I can't even begin to wonder what the ramifications would be if someone did that today.

condor888000 said:

ya i would not trust a glider in cambat. have you ever seen a bridge to far? not what i would like to happan you know crash and have everyone on board die

could the cadets even really be a 3rd line of defence?  i mean if you think about it the majority of cadet are under the age of 18. hell most of them are under the age of 16 to.l i know you can join the reserves and stuff when you are 16 but don't you have to be 18 to go and fight. well thats how it has bee in every other war we have fought in

Canadian Cadets cannot be used as a third line of defense.  I'm sure Britain has a different set of laws regarding this, as their cadets can be utilized as a third line of defense.

the british have a very similar set up to ours

thay have to leave when they finish school i think it is around 19. if the cadets would be used as a 3rd line would that not be like the hitler youth?

-Hutch- said:
the british have a very similar set up to ours

thay have to leave when they finish school i think it is around 19. if the cadets would be used as a 3rd line would that not be like the hitler youth?

Interesting comparison, I don't really have a knowledge of the legalities pertaining to Britain or their cadet system so all I can really offer is an opinion.

Europe has a different ethical mindset then North America, many of their laws and opinions as a society differ from that of North America.   Also, a third line of defense would be the absolute last resort, so it is highly unlikely that it would be used in any event ... however the British Cadets do receive enough training to take on this role if necessary.

I suppose in some aspects it would be somewhat like the Hitler Youth, however in my opinion the main problems with the Hitler Youth were that they supported the same ideals as the Nazi Party and were often known to enforce these ideals publicly .... that is where the difference lies.

There is a large difference between defending your country and being fanatics of a dictator.  As much as I like the idea of cadets being a 3rd line of defense. We would have to seriously beef up the program so that way we dont shoot pellets at the enemy if they invade..

Burrows said:
There is a large difference between defending your country and being fanatics of a dictator.

i know but i f you think about it a bunch of 13 an 14 year olds running around with rifles acting as sioldiers and dieing on the front line there is not much different than the nazi youth.

it doesnt really matter what you are fighting for it is the age of the group of kids and the fact they are fighting and killing and dieing that makes them simaler to the nazi youth

Back