• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Police Chief Says Officers Shot Man Because Suspect Shot At Them - WPXI

Yrys

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Police Chief Says Officers Shot Man Because Suspect Shot At Them

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Police Chief Nate Harper said the police officers shot 19-year-old Justin Jackson after Jackson fired shots at them. We initially believed
Jackson was fatally shot after shooting at the K-9.

Pittsburgh Police Chief Nate Harper said the officers' actions were justified. Police said they were responding to shots fired when the K-9 handler and his partner
encountered Jackson. The police officers said Jackson refused to show his hands when walking along Arlington Avenue and then pulled out a 357 Magnum.

Police responded by releasing the German Shepherd K-9. Jackson allegedly shot the 6-year-old K-9. It died on the way to a veterinary hospital. The bullet found
inside the K-9 matched the gun Jackson used during the incident.

Police said the 357 Magnum was reported stolen after a robbery in 2006. Jackson's family doesn't believe he had a gun and said he wasn't a bad guy. The officers
who fired the shots are on paid administrative leave, which is standard procedure. The K-9 handler has been on the job for eight years, the other officer for three.

On Wednesday, Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl spoke about the incident. He said, "The police dog was enforcing the law. It was the dog's job to make sure the
residents are safe. This is something that has been difficult on the police force and difficult for us. We feel for everyone involved."

The CNN link still stated : "WPXI:  Cops kill man after he kills police dog"

As far as I'm concerned, if the guy shot the dog, it's no different than shooting a cop.

That's how I feel as well. If he shot the dog he was probably gonna shot the officers next.

Yrys said:
Police Chief Says Officers Shot Man Because Suspect Shot At Them

The CNN link still stated : "WPXI:  Cops kill man after he kills police dog"

I see the media is playing its game with headlines slike this.

I look at it this way, one less welfare sucking gun toting crim is off the streets for good! I am sure he was aiming the same direction where the police were.  That equals a clean shoot as far as I am concerned.

Sorry to hear that the hound died.

Wesley  Down Under said:
I see the media is playing its game with headlines slike this.

I look at it this way, one less welfare sucking gun toting crim is off the streets for good! I am sure he was aiming the same direction where the police were.  That equals a clean shoot as far as I am concerned.

Sorry to hear that the hound died.

Agreed, a right git who got what he deserved.  If he didn't have a GUN then I assume he would not be dead.  I have a German Shepherd myself so I'm sorry to here that the dog died.  Handlers and dogs spend years together and establish a close relationship, so I feel for the officer.  That being said, better a dog than a human officer, always.

Back