• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Petawawa Master-Warrant Officer faces drug and human trafficking charges

As you probably know most people with these characteristics will suicide. Not because they are remorseful or taking the easy way out. It’s to show us THEY have the power and control over their lives.

Totally uneducated here, would an unwillingness to face accountability and responsibility play into it as well ?

Totally uneducated here, would an unwillingness to face accountability and responsibility play into it as well ?
My guess,(being in the same business for a long time as OS) is what he said, control.
By doing this he's showing that he's in control right until the end. (Knowing that "control" was soon going to be lost)

I read about this when this happened, just caught that he took his own life…what a godawful shame. I knew Jason throughout high school; not buddies or anything but we overlapped in a couple of social circles. I remember him having a rough edge but this is a shock.

Talking to people that knew him, this guy was a piece of work, history of domestic abuse to his ex wife, drug problems, etc. How someone like that gets to that rank, God only knows
I know a police sergeant who isn't far off the mark from what you describe above - I think he'd draw the line well before human trafficking though

Absolute sociopath. Can be the most professional sounding, charming, likeable guy you'll meet all week...

They exist 🤷🏼‍♂️ how they get to the rank they get without anybody catching on, just means their skill at pretending is more exercised than our skill of detecting

I know a police sergeant who isn't far off the mark from what you describe above - I think he'd draw the line well before human trafficking though

Absolute sociopath. Can be the most professional sounding, charming, likeable guy you'll meet all week...

They exist 🤷🏼‍♂️ how they get to the rank they get without anybody catching on, just means their skill at pretending is more exercised than our skill of detecting
Russell Williams enters the chat

I think IIRC that the FBI profilers all say this about charming serial offenders. John Douglas et al if you are interested.

Used car salesmen etc are smooth talkers as well.

It wasn’t a suicide. Autopsy hasn’t come out yet but it seems like heart attack or stroke.

Also, his lawyer and widow are working to release the evidence that apparently proves that although he struggled with addiction and had drugs for personal use - that he was innocent of human and drug trafficking.

There is also evidence he had asked several times for help and to be sent to rehab and the military told him “you don’t qualify”. When they did send him he only learned about PTSD and then he begged them not to just put him in the same environment with no support system. They did anyway.

The heavy allegations were allegedly made by someone who was arrested and already on probation.

Things aren’t always what they seem 🤷🏻‍♀️

I read about this when this happened, just caught that he took his own life…what a godawful shame. I knew Jason throughout high school; not buddies or anything but we overlapped in a couple of social circles. I remember him having a rough edge but this is a shock.
He didn’t take his own life. Whoever in the Valley/Kingston area is saying that didn’t have all the details at the time - clearly

First hand account. I am involved in the administrative process… attended the funeral, helped his family get his ashes etc. Spoke to the funeral director as well as the coroner and police who are investigating his death.

First hand account. I am involved in the administrative process… attended the funeral, helped his family get his ashes etc. Spoke to the funeral director as well as the coroner and police who are investigating his death.
Why are you telling us this, then?

He was not perfect but there is a lot of paper trail proving he asked for help several times over the years and struggled with PTSD stemming from The Swiss Air Disaster as well as other subsequent tours.

Why? Because there are a lot of assumptions by people 🤷🏻‍♀️ people deserve the bed they made for themselves —- not the one that others make for them.

He was not perfect but there is a lot of paper trail proving he asked for help several times over the years and struggled with PTSD stemming from The Swiss Air Disaster as well as other subsequent tours.

Why? Because there are a lot of assumptions by people 🤷🏻‍♀️ people deserve the bed they made for themselves —- not the one that others make for them.
I see.

And you cleared all this with the family, naturally?

Yes, naturally. The family will be working with a journalist to publish some facts. They are aware of his shortcomings and aren’t out to paint him perfect by any means.

Right now they don’t want specific specific details told but they were very clear they wanted people to know that it wasn’t a suicide.

Yes, naturally. The family will be working with a journalist to publish some facts. They are aware of his shortcomings and aren’t out to paint him perfect by any means.

Right now they don’t want specific specific details told but they were very clear they wanted people to know that it wasn’t a suicide.
Okay, thank-you.

Perhaps you should have lead with that.

He fell in with a terrible crowd on his way out of the CAF, and post-release, for sure.

It's thoughtful of you to take the time to defend him and offer some inside information about the case. Hopefully, for the family's sake, his name will be exonerated.

Back