• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Personal kit for BMQ and CAP1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucaspoznanski

Inactive
Reaction score
I was accepted this week as an O-Cdt into the 745 Comms. Sqn. In Edmonton. Although BMQ and CAP1/2 (in Shilo) are some time away (this spring, after exams - probably commencing in May), I'm curious what personal kit is appropriate. More specifically, is there a good reason not to bring my laptop and camera? How much free time can I expect? Is there always a safe place to store such things? Although my laptop isn't critical (although it would help me stay organized and do some of my civilian work), I definately want to bring my camera. It's a high-end digital SLR however - some reassurance that I can safeguard it would be welcome.

Thanks!
O-Cdt Lucas Poznanski
www.lucasworld.net

..Here's the best advice i can give you, don't bring anything you don't mind losing or breaking. You won't have time to really use your laptop, so I say leave that at home for sure. The camera....well, i personally just brought a disposable camera and it was good enough for me. Often times the courses leave to the field and have to bring everything the brought with them on course and your "luggage" will probably won't get the usual VIP treatment, if you know what i mean. Duffel Bags get tossed around all over the place and your laptop is likely to get a makeover. Stick to the essentials, if it's not on the kit list, don't bring it. Although from my experience i was very happy to have the following items:
______________________________________________________________________________________________
-CD player or MP3
-Non issued tuque (came in handy on cold mornings and doesn't take much space)
-A hydration pack also known as a camelback or a bladder (make sure it is dark colors or they will not let you use it)
-a box of garbage bags (take the bags, ditch the box)
-a box of ziplock bags (take the bags, ditch the box)
-lysol or another areosol spray for your room and/or locker (ditch it before the field ex)
-safety pins
-green duct tape also known as "gun tape"
-alarm clock (this is a MUST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back