• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Overseas age

pegged

Inactive
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
I‘ve searched, could not find anything.

I‘m starting basic this Friday, (weekend warrior) then I‘m doing SQ and BIQ in the summer. I‘m curious, do I need to be 18 to volunteer for Overseas deployment after I‘m a qualified Infanteer?
I figured I wouldn‘t be able to go anyways really without at least my 404‘s. I‘m not sure though.

Thanks

yes you need to be the age of 18 to be deployed into hostilities. so you can be deployed to manitoba to stop the rivers from rising, or to quebec to help clean up after an ice storm, but you cannot for instance go to Kabul to maintain the peace. the age limit is due to the UN child soldier protection act.

How about transferring to the Regular force?

last i heard it was 17 with parental permission(18 w/o permission), dont ask me how that works if u cant be deployed till youre 18, but my guess is it take about 1 year from the time u join the regs, to the time ure all trained up for a deployment, which by then you would be 18.

Back