• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Over There" TV Series (Merged Topic)

Pretty good show, but I think they use a few too many catch phrases (from at least the few episodes I've seen) for example "It's Killing Time!". 

And I was deeply saddened when Zack Morris had his head severed.

In my opinion, it didn't focus enough on the motel scene.

People like you, Piper, who want to make the show about combat.  :mad:  Bring on the women!

Well, if I was in that platoon, I'd be starting to think we had a target taped to our arses.  They've seen more action in six episodes than Hef sees all year...

and really - where are the M68 CCO (Aimpoints) - whats with the one guy with a old TA01 on a carryhandle mount?
Why do they all have PEQ-2A's?  All the US troops I've interacted with most had PAQ4-C's if that?  PEQ's are leadership or SF...
Night Vision - they all wear the MNVG(PVS-14) brackets on their helmets - but like one guy has one (and most US troops have the cyclops 7D's)

Other than kit wise -- it definetly needs more nudity  ;D  - comeone when the KBR driver rails Mitchel in the truck cab...

Why not get a leg over overthere?

;D

Tom

So, like, these Aliens all over Area 51, do their Special Forces Dudes - you know, the Alien 'operators', do they like wear Oakleys too?  'cause if so, that could be driving the price up.

;D

Tom

Toilet seat-shaped C4?! YESSSSS! Thats the funniest thing I've heard all day!

I've been meaning to see this show, but I keep missing it or forgetting about it. Here's a fun fact for ya!!: I remember reading that one of the guys is actually a canadian actor. The guy with the glasses. (F**k I don't remember the name, leave me alone!). I guess I'll buy it when it comes to DVD or something. You think its good enough to buy?

Take it from a young teenager but this series is rather unrealistic...they always yell "goddamn" at each other and might be just me...but they always call ranks over the radioes..which i think is weird.  :-\ Pretty smart ideas though...like how the iraqi blew up himself with the toilet C4. I think it also shows some of the grave realities of fighting in Iraq...for example the one where Ghost shot a Iraqi woman and child. Like the news always flames like the soldiers for it..but like in Over There they showed that the insurgents shoved the woman and child right into the firefight. Unfortunately its on Tuesday nights, which is the night I'm out for cadets, but for those of you who cant watch it on Tuesday its also on Friday nights at 10pm on History. Btw if anyone wants the theme song i have it, its a great song.  :)

I have been watching this series regularly and it is on tonight, so I'll be glued to the TV. I think it does have a little too much propaganda in it, but overall is still very interesting to see.

Has anyone seen the 13 episode series from FX called Over There? It's being played on the History Channel here. It follows an section of US soldiers in Iraq. It is outstanding! If you get a chance to see it, I highly reccomend it.

It's sort of like Tour of Duty but in modern day Iraq.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/overthere/main.html

:warstory:

Cdn_Chimo said:
Has anyone seen the 13 episode series from FX called Over There? It's being played on the History Channel here. It follows an section of US soldiers in Iraq. It is outstanding! If you get a chance to see it, I highly reccomend it.

It's sort of like Tour of Duty but in modern day Iraq.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/overthere/main.html

:warstory:

Realy ?

i guess if i had done a search on here i might have found a rather long discussion on the subject.  But since i didnt do that i will start a thread on it  ::)

i like the show. i parade tuesday nights but i tape it. And his name is smoke not ghost and i would say it is worth buying

Oh my....look at that

(Two referenced thread links deleted after merging of threads.)

Never heard of it....

(Edited by Moderator after megring of three related threads.)

AoD71 said:
Toilet seat-shaped C4?! YESSSSS! Thats the funniest thing I've heard all day!

I think there was one of those on the Gatineau in the Chiefs and P.O.'s heads. Somebody had explosive problems, thats for sure.

Season Finale next week. Anyone watching it know if it is longer than the usual one hour?

I happened to stumble across the last episode randomly, and I like it. I especially liked it when that guy tapped the french chick. What a champ  :salute:

I caught the last 20 minutes or so of tonight's episode. I didn't really like it. The war is barely 2 years old and already they have a show about it. That bothers me. I may watch a couple more episodes just for the hell of it, but I doubt my opinion will change.

That was the final episode.

I thought it got better as the series progressed, I mean, not stellar by any means, but entertaining.

Are they not going to replay it? I figured they would.

Oh, probably. I was just saying that until they do, that was the last episode...and I don't think they are making new seasons.

I doubt it, because where is the money in that...

You are right Baloo the show is cancelled  due to declining ratings.
http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.html&ref_id=16443&tid=76347&ref_type=101

Back