• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Old Wool Field Shirt vs Fleece

Matt_Fisher said:
If anybody is interested in such a piece of kit, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to make it happen.

Count me in Matt!

Matt_Fisher said:
As I've said before, the Canadian version of the US M-1950 wool shirt was one of the best issued pieces of field gear I ever used.  Would wear it over my combat shirt much the same way that current 'softshell' technology is being utilized.  Was very wind and water resistant.  Quiet, very abrasion resistant, and flame retardant/non-melting/non-drip.  Other than the next-to-skin discomfort it might cause, and it's somewhat bulkiness and heavier weight than conventional fleeces/Snugpak type jackets, this thing was awesome.

As I've mentioned before, I'd love to convince one of the textile mills that prints CADPAT to run a batch of the wool/nylon blend material in CADPAT TW and do up a modernized version of the shirt, i.e. replace the front button flap with a water resistant zipper, do the chest pockets 'Napoleon' reach-across style, have a stand-up mandarin collar to better protect against wind and weather, add sleeve pockets, and pit zips and you'd have a rocking piece of gear.

If anybody is interested in such a piece of kit, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to make it happen.

Cheers,

Matt

Me too (I'm such a joiner). See if you can get a synthetic lining attached to the neck and wrist closures, like the Pendleton shirts. And extra room at the wrists for venting/ big watches/ manly sized wrists:

http://www.millcreek-trading.com/shirts_wool/brightwood_zip_shirt_aa023_REGULAR.html

Back