• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Official Star Trek XI teaser trailer out!

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
Fellow geeks, here it is:
:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhpgSqhyfKU

Sorry if the quality is bad as someone else loaded it. Chris Pine stars as a young Kirk while Zachary Quinto stars as a young Spock while Leonard Nimoy also stars as old Spock while Nimoy also does a voiceover during the trailer. Also, Eric Bana and Winona Ryder also star in the film. ::)

Definately a good teaser, Looking forward to this, and 21.

I just saw Cloverfield, and the youtube video of this teaser does not do it the dramatic justice. In the theater it was just, wow.

More Star Trek . . . . yeah! Can't wait! ;D

:cdn:
Hawk

I am definitely excited to see how they do with this new Trek movie. I have high hopes for it! I trust JJ Abrams to do a good job.

Thanks for posting up the official site. The quality is far better than on youtube. However seeing the trailer in the theater beats everything. If anyone has yet to see Cloverfield, I'd say go see it so you can see the Trek Trailer, and then see a very cool movie, but that is off topic haha. That trailer blew me away on the huge screen!

As a card carrying "Trekie", I await in aniticpation for December. I just hope for the frachise sake it was better than "Nemesis".

I agree, some parts of Nemesis were disappointing, but there were some parts I liked, mainly the first part of the movie. I don't know what it is about Trek movies, but they need to stop having fights in which the Enterprise gets messed up. Why can't there be a movie with a lack of violence? Sci Fi doesn't always mean there has to be fighting. I guess they are just trying to get lots of people into the theater to maximize box office sales.

dwalter said:
Why can't there be a movie with a lack of violence?

They call them Chick Flicks.......... ;D

Impending doom is all part of Sci-Fi adventure. Besides this trailer shows them "Building" the enterprise, not blowing it up as in other Trek movie trailers.

Woouhou!!!!!! Star-Trek... I now have a new hope...to wait for the movie...There is a god!!!!

Old Ranger said:
They call them Chick Flicks.......... ;D

Now why didn't I see that one coming. :p I'm kind of wondering if they will ever make a Trek movie where they go exploring, and maybe have somethings go wrong, that don't involve the ship getting toasted. Then again the Enterprise E is a warship, so I guess it makes sense for this to happen haha.

dwalter said:
I'm kind of wondering if they will ever make a Trek movie where they go exploring, and maybe have somethings go wrong, that don't involve the ship getting toasted.

Thats what the series were for :p

Once I had a trivia question to name the only Star Trek: the Next Generation episode that had not one scene in the bridge.  I don't know or remember the name of the episode, but it was following Jean Luc Picard's assimilation, and freeing from the Borg.  He was on "PTSD" leave in France, staying with his brother.  Of course there was conflict, with his brother, as he fought his own personal demons for killing so many as that borg cube made its way to earth, only to be shut down long enough for "Locutus of Borg" to be freed.  Very good episode, IMHO. 
To make a movie like that, there would almost undoubtedly have to be a precursor movie showing why character so-and-so was so tormented.

retiredgrunt45 said:
In the 24th century they remaned it "PTBAD" "Post Traumatic Borg Assimilation disorder" ;D

And with good reason! I would not be a happy camper having to share my brain with millions of other mindless drones until I get killed, probably used for some randomly dangerous task as well. I think I'd be pretty well traumatized if I got rescued, and want to take a niiiice long vacation, maybe on Risa.

Here's a youtube video that shows part of the teaser trailer as well as new recently released screenshots from the upcoming movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qLIDJNUKxY

Seems they are putting a lot of effort for the new one.

http://trekmovie.com/

Back