• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Offer from Forces question

CF_wife

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi...

Soon to be CF wife, and lurker of these boards for the entire process. 

First, I want to say thank you for this forum.  This has satiated my great need for information so I can understand what my husband is and will be going through.

Second, when (and if) you receive an offer from CF - will you receive only one?  For example, you have put 3 career choices on your application.  You receive a call for choice 2.  Does that mean you will not receive a call from Choice 1 or 3 ?

Thank you in advance!
CF_Wife

It means they have a spot in Trade #2 right now, but none for #1 or 3.

You/he could say "thanks, but we'll/I'll wait for an offer for #1", but there is no guarunteee #1 will open, or that he will merit high enough/higher than others and get an offer.

There are a whole whack of factors that can and do affect what trades open up for job offers via CFRCs.

Thank you.

Your answer is appreciated!  His swearing in is in January..

Cheers...

CF_wife said:
Thank you.

Your answer is appreciated!  His swearing in is in January..

Did he get an offer? He shouldn't know his swearing in date unless he has already got an offer.

CF_wife said:
Second, when (and if) you receive an offer from CF - will you receive only one?  For example, you have put 3 career choices on your application.  You receive a call for choice 2.  Does that mean you will not receive a call from Choice 1 or 3 ?

You should be advised of your possibilities when the offer is made.  If your already merit listed for your # 1 or # 3 choices and they are still available, then you have the option of turning down the offer of yoru # 2 choice and taking your chances later on for 1 and 3.

Back