• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New recruiting numbers

I think the counsellor told me that there are 39 for AEC (DEO).

Ya, that is the reason why I want to go through Aircrew Selection as well just to see if I qualify for Pilot/Air Nav.

Did you put down other choices?

Kruggle said:
Ya, that is the reason why I want to go through Aircrew Selection as well just to see if I qualify for Pilot/Air Nav.

Did you put down other choices?

Yes. My third choice was TDO and I was told without an Education degree, I don't qualify. My second choice was Logistics and for that, I was told I didn't have much chance of getting an offer because I don't have a business degree (even though I have a diploma from a business college in addition to my BA, but I guess that doesn't matter). Oddly enough, my fiance is a logistics officer and his degree is in psych/soc, not business. I wouldn't mind getting an offer for Log, if AEC doesn't pan out. Still. AEC is and will continue to be my first choice. I have met all of the qualifications thus far other than the security clearance that is still pending (my file manager has been out of the office for a couple of weeks, but I hope to get an update when he returns).  That low number is not good news, though.

kitrad1 said:
Ooops!. Must learn to read in a straight line. My apologies.

Correction...ANAV - 15
Pilot 81

Both  DEO.

However, as the year has already started, these numbers are sure to change daily as people are selected.

I was told there wont be a selection board for DEO Pilots until August. Can anyone confirm?

Pilot and AEC DEO are Open Selection List (OSL) and can be selected and assigned anytime by the CFRC Prod O.  However usually selections are made with the idea of filling upcoming training vacancies. Prod O usually waits until there is a confirmed and open BMOQ to fill before selecting. 

What about DEO infantry? sorry if i'm asking again

CFR FCS said:
Pilot and AEC DEO are Open Selection List (OSL) and can be selected and assigned anytime by the CFRC Prod O.  However usually selections are made with the idea of filling upcoming training vacancies. Prod O usually waits until there is a confirmed and open BMOQ to fill before selecting. 

Does this mean the trade is not competitive at the moment?

Thank you for the info.

Ouch, I can't believe ANAV is so low =(

I'll keep my hopes up everything goes good, I have passed everything to date, just waiting on "the call".
Good luck to everyone!

Basically though, if there's only 15 spots, shouldn't they all pretty much be spoken for already? I'm a little confused as to how that works. Are more positions added later in the year, or is that it?

Celticgirl, I remember when I submitted my application, which was early March, the CRFC said that AEC was still at hot trade, despite the fact that the other trades were all closed. The lady who talked to me told me that part of the reason why it was still a hot trade was becaues of the unfortunately high failure rate for the AEC courses. 39 is indeed a low number for this trade, but don't forget that people who got the job offer to start with might fail the course and a job offer might come to you!!

On a side note, the counsellor told me that there are only 6 spots for NCM AC Op. That's a much much more competitive trade compared to AEC. Keep your hopes up!

As for myself, I'm going to apply for summer leadership jobs and upgrade my grades, just to make myself more competitive if I have to apply again next year.

ark said:
Does this mean the trade is not competitive at the moment?

Thank you for the info.

Even though there are pilot and anav slots open, it seems you need to get a lot of recruiting points to get an offer. The points to be a DEO pilot last year were way up more than usual, as is the case this year. For some reason, anav is way up there as well. I was speaking to my career counsellor today, as I'm still praying for a pilot or anav slot. God, I hope something comes my way!

Elwood said:
Even though there are pilot and anav slots open, it seems you need to get a lot of recruiting points to get an offer. The points to be a DEO pilot last year were way up more than usual, as is the case this year. For some reason, anav is way up there as well. I was speaking to my career counsellor today, as I'm still praying for a pilot or anav slot. God, I hope something comes my way!

Well, I wouldn't expect those scores to go down. They just opened the Pilot door to candidates who have had LASIK.

http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/news_e.asp?cat=114&id=5838

"The Canadian Forces has not had any difficulty attracting aircrew applicants in the past several years. However, having an even larger pool of applicants may result in a more competitive selection process, thus ensuring the Air Force has the best aircrew responding to the demanding security environment of the 21st Century."

Not a professional opinion, but you can bet they will be able to take their pick from the litter for the next while. In any event, good luck. Don't get discouraged and more importantly don't sit on the shelf waiting for your call. Keep updating your credentials and keep applying if you have to.

On a totally different note; It seems that I am hearing different things from different people. I am currently undergoing a component transfer from PRes NCM to Reg Force Infatry Officer and originated my file with DMCA. When I contacted CFRC Windsor they told me that I should have come to the CFRC first because I am going from NCM To Officer and DMCA only handles same trade transfers. CFRC Windsor phoned DMCA and told them that they will take over my file and have an offer for me shortly so DMCA closed my file in Ottawa. Now after having completed the updated process my file is at the board waiting selection. Was the procedure properly followed here? Was I supposed to come through CFRG first? Thank you.

Touchingthevoid said:
On a totally different note; It seems that I am hearing different things from different people. I am currently undergoing a component transfer from PRes NCM to Reg Force Infatry Officer and originated my file with DMCA. When I contacted CFRC Windsor they told me that I should have come to the CFRC first because I am going from NCM To Officer and DMCA only handles same trade transfers. CFRC Windsor phoned DMCA and told them that they will take over my file and have an offer for me shortly so DMCA closed my file in Ottawa. Now after having completed the updated process my file is at the board waiting selection. Was the procedure properly followed here? Was I supposed to come through CFRG first? Thank you.

So far as CFRC Hamilton (Det Windsor) knew, they where supposed to handle the C/OTs. DMilC was to handle the CTs. Ie- R031 to 031, R011 to 011 ect.... The WGOR probably failed to explain to you the difference (or more likely didn't know, and again failed to check any one whom did ::)), and you may have been steered in the wrong direction.  I'd suggest leaving the ball in Capt F's hands and letting his crew take of it.

Follow up on it though, as these things have a habit of getting lost when more than one organization gets involved.

Thanks MCpl, that's kind of what they explained to me, had I been going from R031 to 031 than DMCA would handle the transfer. But since I'm going from R031 to MOSID 0180 than I have to go through CFRG.

Hat in hand here. Would someone be kind enough to list the Open Selection List Officer Occupations for DEO. From reading this post, I see that AEC and PLT are.
I'm especially interested if INT O, TDO, and PAFO are.

Thanks in advance.

Touchingthevoid said:
Thanks MCpl, that's kind of what they explained to me, had I been going from R031 to 031 than DMCA would handle the transfer. But since I'm going from R031 to MOSID 0180 than I have to go through CFRG.

Oh no, please!!

No rank here (against forum guidelines too).

That would have been "Love793".

;)

ArmyVern
The Milnet.ca Staff

Back