• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Army Commander - General Leslie to take command

A close friend was his Aide when he was here for the AAB a few years back. My friend was, then, an untrained 2Lt just off CAP. IIRC how the story goes is that they were riding to Freddy-town with the Capt from the FAS that was his "host" and Lt-Gen Leslie asked the 2Lt if he thought CAP was a challenge. The Aide proceded to tell him that it was his observation that there was a difference in standards between combat arms and support trades, and another difference among the sexes. The Capt choked and coughed a bit, but Leslie thanked the 2Lt for "being so candid."

I met him at the FAS Spring Ball last year, and I was impressed with how he worked the crowd and seemed to genuinely want to meet everyone there. He also made a point to speak to the wives. That really impressed me. I agree with pronto, from what I can tell, he is a genuine class act all the way.

He seemed perfectly fine as Comd LFCA - I certainly had no reason to complain.

I didn't know who he was when I first met him, though. He was coming out of his office in PT gear and looked to be in his late twenties - I thought that he was the new driver.

Back