• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New (2022) CAF recruiting ad

You boys don't want to know what women say about you... you really don't. lol
What?? Do women really comment on men’s looks, their performance, their intelligence (or lack of it)? Colour me not-shocked 🤪 at all.

You boys don't want to know what women say about you... you really don't. lol

After a decade+ of marriage, kids, and 4 tours; I am certain at least that woman (my wife) has said most of it to my face by now...

What I retained from the ad is "do I have to be able to grow a beard to get in?"
Ummmmm, yes. Yes you do.

Don’t care if your protective gear isn’t fitting properly due to face fur, looking tacticool & feeling badass is like half the job.

Make sure to wear earrings to work too, on both ears. You’ll really grab your senior’s attention then. (Remember, standing out in the military is what it’s all about - you’ll love it!)

What I retained from the ad is "do I have to be able to grow a beard to get in?"
When I was looking at recruiting material in the 80’s and 90’s, I was partially convinced I wouldn’t be let in because everyone in the pictures had black or dark brown hair. I had light hair.

Don't complain, RR. Light hair can be an advantage in the CF.

When I had hair (long time ago), I was a golden blonde. All my friends who had dark hair would get sent to get a haircut as soon as a little bit grew down around their ears. I could let mine grow down, touch the ear and more - just tuck it in behind the ear - and still not get called on to go get it trimmed. Saved a fortune in haircuts. :cool:

Maybe we need to let the restrictions on social media slide so the troops can do the recruiting for us.

But I'm pretty sure we're not that smart ;)

Increasingly furious Swiss army chiefs forced to ban sexy selfies because female army recruits flaunt the rules​

Army has said it has found that new recruits, and mostly women, are obsessively taking snaps of themselves and posting them to their personal social media accounts

Tank soldier Alexandra Schnyder, 19, said: "Never apologise for who you are and what you want."

The Swiss army said it wants to start a social media campaign next year to highlight what an army career looks like, and some local media think they do not need to look any further than these pretty female soldiers to make their case.

Maybe we need to let the restrictions on social media slide so the troops can do the recruiting for us.

But I'm pretty sure we're not that smart ;)

Increasingly furious Swiss army chiefs forced to ban sexy selfies because female army recruits flaunt the rules​

Army has said it has found that new recruits, and mostly women, are obsessively taking snaps of themselves and posting them to their personal social media accounts

Tank soldier Alexandra Schnyder, 19, said: "Never apologise for who you are and what you want."

The Swiss army said it wants to start a social media campaign next year to highlight what an army career looks like, and some local media think they do not need to look any further than these pretty female soldiers to make their case.

Attractive young members of the CAF aside; our social media is horrendous. Compare it to production value and “cool” factor of what the Australians, Dutch, Finns and Kiwis produce and it’s laughable. The new commercial is great but if you want to reach potential recruits they’re on social media.

Attractive young members of the CAF aside; our social media is horrendous. Compare it to production value and “cool” factor of what the Australians, Dutch, Finns and Kiwis produce and it’s laughable. The new commercial is great but if you want to reach potential recruits they’re on social media.
The CAF is on social media. That's where I got the original ad from that started this thread.

The issue, from what I can tell, is that the CAF's various organizations are seemingly doing their own PR and it shows. The look of the RCN vs CA vs RCAF social media is very different. 2 Div CA used to have an...interesting PR presence which I thought was really good to bring people in. They don't seem to be doing it now but the RCN social media seems to be following in its footsteps somewhat.

It doesn't all need to be jokey and "Insta-famous" but 2 Div kind of went that way and it seemed to work.

When asked why army chiefs are looking at young members' personal social media accounts they replied mind your own business, what I do on my own time is my business.

The CAF is on social media. That's where I got the original ad from that started this thread.

The issue, from what I can tell, is that the CAF's various organizations are seemingly doing their own PR and it shows. The look of the RCN vs CA vs RCAF social media is very different. 2 Div CA used to have an...interesting PR presence which I thought was really good to bring people in. They don't seem to be doing it now but the RCN social media seems to be following in its footsteps somewhat.

It doesn't all need to be jokey and "Insta-famous" but 2 Div kind of went that way and it seemed to work.
I know we are, my point was that we’re really bad at it. And I brought up other smaller organizations who are much much better at it. Infact some very small organizations have fantastic presence, British regiments run their own social media for example.

Back