• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NAVY.CA

Depends on how hot the coffee is  ;D ::).

MM
Frederik G said:
MM, I guess those incapable Navy officers didn't go through RMC, did they?

See? That's why we need this institution: it teaches us how to make coffee!

Then why did I get young'ens coming in wanting chits because they slept in - obviously they missed that class.

MM

cdnaviator said:
Come do my job at 3am, 300 miles of shore, 250 mph at 300 feet over the water in total darkness, 4 hours into a 10 hour mission........then maybe i'll allow you to refer to my branch of service that way   ;D

See, Army guys don't brag about being lost.  You guys get to put hours in your flight logs.  We just have to keep walking.  :dontpanic:

Frederik G said:
C'mon, you'll go from making coffee for naval officers to making coffee for air force officers... not that big a difference! :p Just kidding, of course--we Navy officers can make our own damn coffee! (At least we learn how to at RMC)

OH HO HO HO HO  ::) speaking of coffee making...um...you'll soon forget that. As you settle in to your nice billet on a ship as a MARS you'll have your stewards crawling all over your bed and uniform for you that you'll become lazy and complacent...much like the air force  ;) ( All honesty I love the Air Force...the SAR Techs...in my opinion some of the bravest men and women I've met). As for us Almee gies...wi haf grate edumicasion efen voul ower occifers!!

MARS officers......  ::)
OOW: "Navcomm go exchange identities with that submarine"

ME: "Sir, you want me to exchange identities with the submarine?"

OOW: "Yes"

The submarine had no capability to send light.....

ME: "Sir the submarine is not responding, I suspect they are not equipped to flash light, I recommend we cease with the exchange of Identities"

OOW: "No, carry on with the exchange"

Just one of the many wonderful things that a RMC OOW came up with. 
Washing windows in the rain?
My fav, hoisting flags/shapes or anything else when there isn't another ship for 100's of miles...... I know that it is good practice, but I think that the statement "Sir Flag ____  close up"  should do just fine..... That is not the OOW's fault though, just something for me to complain about.....

I assume that if you know how to make coffee, you will be given the Men In Black "flash" to have your memory erased, I have never seen an officer on-board a SHIP make his own.......

Sub_Guy said:
I assume that if you know how to make coffee, you will be given the Men In Black "flash" to have your memory erased, I have never seen an officer on-board a SHIP make his own.......

OH HOHO HO!! SEE Point proven  ;D

You should at least let it go to over 50 posts just to make it a hot topic and hammer home the futility of the inane banter.

Sub_Guy said:
MARS officers......  ::)
OOW: "Navcomm go exchange identities with that submarine"

ME: "Sir, you want me to exchange identities with the submarine?"

OOW: "Yes"

The submarine had no capability to send light.....

ME: "Sir the submarine is not responding, I suspect they are not equipped to flash light, I recommend we cease with the exchange of Identities"

OOW: "No, carry on with the exchange"

Now, apply the laws of averages here.  I'm willing to bet there was someone on the sub being told to go get a flashlight and a magnifying glass to respond.

Shamrock said:
Now, apply the laws of averages here.  I'm willing to bet there was someone on the sub being told to go get a flashlight and a magnifying glass to respond.

And then shine it out of the screen doors that Bombardier was paid 72 million dollars to install. 

Hey wait, not yet.

I never found out if sparker got his own sharpie personalized with the "navy.ca rocks!" suggestion I offered...

dileas

tess

Yeah, funny he never really came back to the thread, did he?  ???
Was it something we said? 

Just a little aside here.  I knew a steward once and he told me that the best way to carry a full cup of coffee in choppy seas was to cool it a bit and keep half of it in your mouth for the trip to the bridge then re-insert it into the cup for delivery to the OOW he he.  Now seeing as I am firmly land-locked (an get violently sea-sick!) I can only pass on what I heard from the source.

zipperhead_cop said:
Yeah, funny he never really came back to the thread, did he?  ???
Was it something we said? 

::) maybe something I said about RMC...insulted his honour...?

;DStill waiting for that sharpie! If you mistook me for an officer and RMC at that, shame on you :'(
I was in Naval Communications, we did'nt have to deal with officers in my trade. Although I have
heard all the stories of what stewards do to those other people.

sparker said:
I was in Naval Communications, we did'nt have to deal with officers in my trade.

By your user name, I would take you to have been a RadOp, and therefore no, you wouldn't have dealt with officers.  But to say you were in "Naval Communications" leads one to believe that you were a NavComm (for those unaware, the NavComm trade was an amalgamation of RadOp aka sparkers, and Sigs).  And if you WERE a NavComm, then your day is built around interaction with officers!

Back