• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NAVY.CA

Frederik G said:
Chair Force?

Come do my job at 3am, 300 miles of shore, 250 mph at 300 feet over the water in total darkness, 4 hours into a 10 hour mission........then maybe i'll allow you to refer to my branch of service that way   ;D

cdnaviator said:
Come do my job at 3am, 300 miles of shore, 250 mph at 300 feet over the water in total darkness, 4 hours into a 10 hour mission........then maybe i'll allow you to refer to my branch of service that way   ;D

Ya.  I grew up with a father who was on the Argus...fly out to patrol grid in the Atlantic/Barents/"insert large body of water name here", patrolled 18 hours, flew home.  He's only 5 foot 5 inches but he would definitely jump up and smuck you in the ankles for saying something like that!  ;D

cdnaviator said:

C'mon, you know it's just friendly inter-service banter. Army people are dumb as fenceposts, ("in that aspect they're not so different from high school girls") Navy people are homosexuals, and Air Force people are lazier than leftists and just about as useful. (Just kidding :p)

Besides, just because you're part of the few people in the Chair Force that actually do something other than make coffee for the Navy, doesn't mean the rest of the boys in blue don't warrant the title.  :P

Frederik G said:
Army people are dumb as fenceposts,

I'm pretty sure a couple of friends of mine at RMC MIR would be more than willing to lose your immunization records and refer you for a couple of barium enemas and colonoscopies for that remark.  ::)

Have a healthy year.

MM

Sea now, maybe he IS right that armee peeple are dum cous I thawt he was jokeng

medicineman said:
....a couple of barium enemas and colonoscopies

I don't think you've quite got the concept of "punishment" in a naval context. He thinks he just won a lottery  ;)

medicineman said:
I'm pretty sure a couple of friends of mine at RMC MIR would be more than willing to lose your immunization records and refer you for a couple of barium enemas and colonoscopies for that remark.   ::)

Have a healthy year.

MM

You do know I said that sarcastically, to point out what everyone calls each other, yes?

Mud Recce Man said:
Sea now, maybe he IS right that armee peeple are dum cous I thawt he was jokeng

So THIS is how you write without the spellcheck! :P j/k

Journeyman said:
I don't think you've quite got the concept of "punishment" in a naval context. He thinks he just won a lottery  ;)

TY jm...

I needed that laugh.

Fred G,

you did notice the  ;D at the end of my comment didnt you ?

Or maybe the "allow you to refer...." part escaped you ?

boy....they grow them dumb over at RMC don't they......

So, Mr Aviator, does that mean I won't get a ride on a 10-hour patrol so I can be allowed to call you guys the Chair Force? :(

Frederik G said:
So, Mr Aviator, does that mean I won't get a ride on a 10-hour patrol so I can be allowed to call you guys the Chair Force? :(

Hmmm, maybe a ride....but he said to "do his job" to be able to refer as that.  And I can tell you, there is quite the competition and standards set for his job.

As for your initial comment that started this whole thing Fred, no matter which element I switch to, I will still be a sailor at heart.  15+ years in the Navy will not be forgotten that easily!!

navymich said:
Hmmm, maybe a ride....but he said to "do his job" to be able to refer as that.  And I can tell you, there is quite the competition and standards set for his job.

I'm 20, though, so obviously I still know how to do anything and everything. I'm just starting to forget, though... old age, y'know.

As for your initial comment that started this whole thing Fred, no matter which element I switch to, I will still be a sailor at heart.  15+ years in the Navy will not be forgotten that easily!!

C'mon, you'll go from making coffee for naval officers to making coffee for air force officers... not that big a difference! :P Just kidding, of course--we Navy officers can make our own damn coffee! (At least we learn how to at RMC)

Journeyman said:
....no matter how much therapy!!  ;D

:rofl:

I giver her 12 months at best...after that she will stop polishing her boots, forget routinely to wear headress...........

cdnaviator said:
:rofl:

I giver her 12 months at best...after that she will stop polishing her boots, forget routinely to wear headress...........

Damn my CT is just around the corner, should I start training for this new standard now?

Thats it!  I am wearing civies to work on Monday!  And claiming "but its part of my OJT to the Sgt-Maj"...

Frederik G said:
we Navy officers can make our own damn coffee! (At least we learn how to at RMC)
\

Good thing you can't shovel water dude - I've never seen a naval officer make their own coffee - a freind of mine used to do that for them because they were apparently to incapable -  and make their beds, and shine their shoes...

As for me not having a sense of humour, pretty obvious my British roots are showing - mine is quite dry - not unlike most navy officers when us dirt people are swimming in mud in a slit trench.

Continue to have a healthy year.

JM - BTW, that was a gooder.

MM

medicineman said:
\

Good thing you can't shovel water dude - I've never seen a naval officer make their own coffee - a freind of mine used to do that for them because they were apparently to incapable -  and make their beds, and shine their shoes...

MM

MM, what is it that the stewards stir that coffee with again?  :o

MM, I guess those incapable Navy officers didn't go through RMC, did they?

See? That's why we need this institution: it teaches us how to make coffee!

Back