• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military licence to civi

Jonbartlett

Inactive
Reaction score
Is it possible to transfer your DND 404 to a civi licence. An example of this, if i drive a tractor trailer in the army and when i get out can i transfer that so i can automatically get my AZ ( in ontario) or do i have to take the course again.......  :cdn: :yellow:

Generally no.  There are some exceptions, but can't think of them off the top of my head.

Jonbartlett said:
Is it possible to transfer your DND 404 to a civi licence. An example of this, if i drive a tractor trailer in the army and when i get out can i transfer that so i can automatically get my AZ ( in ontario) or do i have to take the course again.......  :cdn: :yellow:

Someone more knowledgeable can answer that question, but you may find this of interest since you were asking about Ontario.

"Ontario should allow the transfer of Valid CF 404's (drivers licence) to a valid civilian licence."
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ontario-should-allow-the-transfer-of-valid-cf

"In the past, and in most of the other provinces today, members of the Canadian forces that had completed their drivers training (now a 2.5 month full time course) and held valid 404's (CF driver permit) would be able to transfer their 404's to a provincial license. Since the introduction of the graduated licensing system this is no longer the case in Ontario."

"There are some personnel that have every class of civilian license (G, AZ, DZ,Chauffeur, and Coach bus) on their 404's and still had to go and do them again to get them on their civilian license."

"Jurisdictions with Licence Exchange Agreements with Ontario:"
http://www.drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Exchanging-a-Reciprocal-Licence.aspx

Dude, I think you'll find that you won't be getting behind the wheel of an 18 wheeler anytime soon as an embryonic Reserve MSE Op - you'd likely get your AZ license faster by doing the course yourself than hoping/waiting for the Reserve world to get you on it.  Odds are that you might at least get your Air Brake Training though - usually needed for the 10 ton trucks IIRC.

:2c:

MM

And most reserve MSE Op's don't get Tractor Trailer as none of the reserve BN's have them...

medicineman said:
Odds are that you might at least get your Air Brake Training though - usually needed for the 10 ton trucks IIRC.

And also for the MSVS.....

MSVS is a commercial air brake system.  HLVW is a military system.  Different qualifications in the military.

dapaterson said:
MSVS is a commercial air brake system.  HLVW is a military system.  Different qualifications in the military.

True but the HL package is a half day (at the most) bolt on for the 121 system....at least when I did it 8 years ago....

Back