• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Discounts List

I'm pretty sure there's a couple of strippers in Barrie who would offer a discount or two.    >:D

The Canadian Tire Gas Bar in Kanata, ON will automatically give a 3% discount (equivalent to CT money) to those who use the DND AMEX card.

Don't know if it is the same if you show your ID.

Interesting................ Military discounts at McDonalds????? Christ, thats the last thing we need.  Cheap fattening food even cheaper for many military folk who can do without a #1 Combo supersized....................... ;D

The Running Room gives a discount to military members, it's 10% I believe. That's pretty good when your buying $200 running shoes or $25 spandex shorts for running.  ;D

Almost everywhere in Hawaii offers a military discount and my Canadian ID was honored.  Even at places like parking lots.  Instead of $10.00 US it was $6.00 US I think.  Makes a huge difference on a trip though!

Anyone know of discounts in the montreal area? Google's not hitting right now

kurokaze said:
woohoo! Burger king here I come!

I've heard running room will give
military personnel 5-10% off.

I don't know if its because its 6 am, and im tired still, or what but i cracked up at that burger king reply.

EDIT: It must be because its 6 am because that post was from April! lmao oops.

MissMolsonIndy said:
Any member of the CF if he showed up in cadpats, and acted charming/heroic like (with a dose of modesty), especially for individuals with high estrogen levels (women are suckers for flighty Peter Pan stories), could win a significant discount in most customer service industries.

A while back, a buddy of mine received a discount at the peelers for his Cadpat Parade!

I'd be willing to accept bets.
haha..after a Rememberance Day Parade in Halifax a few years back, myself, brother and uncle(retired) went to the "Split Crow" in DEU's. They gave us free wings and a few free shots from the staff. To this day they still give me a few discounts for large orders of drinks. :)

CFN. Orange said:
The one major one we all seem to have forgotten, Timmies!
I actually worked at Timmies near a base and when they'd come in with large orders we'd "forget" to ring in some of there coffees, they left good tips though so we were always happy with the arrangement  ;D

The Timmies in borden wouldnt give anyone a discount.... ever. we are their only custies. give or take one civi.

My mother-in-law has a list of all the places for NS discounts. I am contacting her today and getting them from her, at which time I will post them to the site. I will also find out if they're only for NS or for other places as well

S.Bradbury

As promised, here is the DND discount information

The discounts are off regular or list prices, unless otherwise specified. In the event of a sale price that is better than the DND discount, teh sale price will apply. Military members can get identification cards for immediate family through the HMFRC (902) 722-7788. Civilian DND and retired CF members can get family ID cards through the kiosk at (902) 721-1201.

The following link will be updated as needed. Select your category (what your looking for), the city and the company name (if applicable). This link will provide the discount amount, the phone number and address for the company as well as any specific instructions needed when using your discount at that particular place.

www.dnddiscounts.ca

S.Bradbury

awwwwwwwwww. No discounts for London area, I doubt there muchfor class A reservists any way.

For anyone living in Halifax NS, this book is helpful as well....

OnGuard - The Canadian Forces In Nova Scotia Information Directory And Shopping Guide

This book is available from A Block and MFRC

S.Bradbury
  :cdn:

I can vouch for this on US bases, at least in Michigan at Grayling were allowed into the Troops Store or Soldiers Store. Don't remember the exact name, heck they even kept the place open late for our guys.

Running Room and Bike Zone, both on Dunlop in Barrie, give 15% discounts, usualy need ID to prove it, but depends who is working.

Back