• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Michael Jackson

If he didn‘t do anything wrong the last time, he would not have felt the need to "buy" his innonence... he should have been able to defend himself in court.

Originally posted by Jungle:
[qb] If he didn‘t do anything wrong the last time, he would not have felt the need to "buy" his innonence... he should have been able to defend himself in court. [/qb]
I am certainly no fan of his but am willing to consider him innocent until proven guilty in a court of law - a right that was purchased for him in blood at places like Anzio, Peleliu, Huertgen Forest, etc.

However, I disagree with a notion that only a guilty man requires a lawyer. Legal representation is also a right that our western societies hold dear - and if he can afford a better lawyer than most of us, that too is something we have decided as a society is ok.

Assume for a second he is innocent (personally, I think there is a good likelihood he is guilty, incidentally) - given the strong feeling against him in the media, do you really think he would be able to defend himself well in court? I mean come on, the guy is a walking freak show.

If we really as a society believe it is an imperative that he walk away from court if he is not proven guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt, should we really begrudge him the right to defend himself by all means available?

Originally posted by The WetGrunt:
[qb]
Originally posted by Jungle:
[qb] If he didn‘t do anything wrong the last time, he would not have felt the need to "buy" his innonence... he should have been able to defend himself in court. [/qb]
this is so true. What I dont understand is how the family from the last case could settle for money. That takes away from their claims. At least in my eyes, if someone did that to my kid I wouldnt stop until he was swinging from a tree. [/qb]
I agree with you 100%. But the fact of the matter is money talks, and there are not many things or people that don‘t have a price. :mad:

Or maybe the fact that the mother chose to sue him civilly rather than prosecute him criminally indicates her intentions.

IF someone raped your child would you sue them or try and put their *** in jail?

absent_element are you implying that the judges of Canada can be paid off? These guys spent decades getting into the position they were in, I doubt they would risk their integrity and job for a few million dollars.

And I saw on CNN that MJ is having some sort of financial problems. Whether that being he lost millions from his billions or he is going bankrupt, I‘m not certain.

I would try in put their asse$ in jail. THere‘s no doubt about it.

And no I‘m not implying that judges in Canada can be paid off. But who knows?....

What does this have to do with Canadian judges?
:confused:

I‘m sure theres many judges who would, but chacnes are this case will end up being appealed. Just because of the fact that it is such a high profile case.

LOL Yea really where did I get Canadian judges, this is an American case.

Civil suits have a lower standard of proof, and are not covered by double jeopardy rules. This is why OJ can be found innocent (and he was, regardless of whether or not that was a good decision, a court of law found him innocent, and he should be treated as such)....then they sued him civilly for "wrongful death".

Personally, I think they should have thrown out that civil suit, since he already beat a more stringent standard of proof, he shouldn‘t be succeptible to the lower standard....if you can‘t find him guilty, change what you call "guilty"?...

Suing first, before criminal prosecution however, may imply a need for money, rather than a need for justice. I uphold the justice system. Let Mikey have his day in court, and if he wins, I think he should sue the parents for their house. Too many **** frivolous suits in the States - needs to be some cost of losing a lawsuit you shouldn‘t have brought in the first place. If *he* loses, well then....the rest isn‘t an issue any more....

I‘m bettin‘ the best Micheal Jackson prank inside would be stealing his nose. ;-)

No Gunnar the difference between civil and criminal suits is that in a criminal suit the defendant must be proved guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. Whereas a civil case it is on a balance of probability. Thus it would be easier to prove someone guilty in a civil case becasue there is room for doubt.

Anyone who would leave their child with Michael Jackson knowing full well that he is a widely suspected pediophile is MORE sick than Jackson himself in my opinion.

In my mind that parent is using their child as sexual bait while they are fishing for a lawsuit.
Either that or they are simply some of the most negligent parents around.

The last thing those people deserve is to file a lawsuit against him. They should be tried for negligence, or even fraud if they file a lawsuit.
Like if you get caught on tape pouring that hot coffee on yourself at McDonalds, then trying to sue them.

As for his fans, there‘s plenty of people out there who know that he‘s weird, but they believe or suspect that his affection for children is innocent and genuine and not actually a scheming ploy to get kids into his bedroom.
Allegations of sexual misconduct for profit or attention are nothing new and he IS a perfect target, simply because he‘s a freak.

Personally I‘m suspicious of his motives for wanting children to stay in his bedroom with him, I think he probably has pediophiliac tendencies, but I don‘t really buy this latest story about the alcohol and all that.
I feel really sorry for him if he‘s innocent, it would be a terrible thing to suspected of, but if he‘s guilty... well he will deserve everything he gets and more.

What a nightmare for those kids.

Stop and think for one moment...wasn‘t wacko Jacko about to release a new album just before now, I will call "alledged charges" surfaced??? Just like his sister Janet with the super bowl boobie flash,wasn‘t she was about to release a new album!!! Is it some form of sick publicity stunt

:rolleyes:

After the fact of the first "alledged case" where it was settled out of court. You‘d think parents would be more vigilant with their child around this "alledged" pervert
:confused:

Who‘s Bad!?

I hope they have really strong evidence against him if he is guilty.

I can‘t help but think that if O.J. Simpson can get off, MJ should be able to moonwalk right out the back of the courtroom.

woo! <moonwalk> woo!
:)

If he is guilty, I really do hope he gets what he deserves.

"After the fact of the first "alledged case" where it was settled out of court. You‘d think parents would be more vigilant with their child around this "alledged" pervert"

I couldn‘t agree with you more. I mean it‘s no secret that Jackson has a thing for kids. Whatever he does with them in his bed room. But for parents to continue allowing their children to be in his presence--that‘s fu cked up.

And as for using this as a publicity stunt...Well ‘if‘ I was a Jackson fan, I wouldn‘t be now.

Back