• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Merged subject - Nicknames

tess....

I joined a highland regiment.  They could not spell Tescione...we were getting our FN C1's issued to us, and our names were taped on the but with masking tape.  WO comes to me... writes "Tess..." wrong...tries again "Tess..."  nope ....."Tess...." uh uh no..  "Fuck it" he says rips the tape slaps it on my chest ans says "That's yer name pal!!!"

hence tess....

Regulator....hehehehe  Name of my first section I ever had... the three men and a CPL platoon...long story

REGULATORS!!!! MOUNT UP

48th will understand....

dileas

tess

A good friend let it slip that I am quite ticklish.  Of course, everyone had to prove (and still do regularly) that it is true.  I am the Sr. Comm on the ship, AKA Yeoman to us old fogies.  And so "Tickle me yeoman" was born.  And yes, my giggles go on and on and on.  Somebody take those batteries out!!

Starting out in cadets i thought it would be a cakewalk, I didn't listen too well at first. We went to Keji for a winter camping weekend and I got busted for socializing after lights out. had to empty the big white shi**er can that was in the outhouse with the friend that I got busted with. From that moment on everyone called me Chuckles. I learned real qiuck after that, not something you ever forget!!.
My internet name cames from my nursing studies and the fact that it didn't matter how gross a proceedure was I was in like flynn, don't know why they chose Rebel but they did and it stuck.

Maine Finn said:
A few high school friends started calling me "Elf" when we were freshmen and the name kinda stuck. I'm known to answer to "Polv" as well.

And Lexi really is the "Destroyer of Worlds".
icon_wink.gif

Woo-hoo first post!

Kippis!

~Finn

Eeemmmmyyyyyyyy!  :eek: Hey!  :-*

Ah yes, I also got called "Giggles" frequently.
You can ask Crowe about that one.

Lexi said:
Eeemmmmyyyyyyyy!   :eek: Hey!   :-*

Ah yes, I also got called "Giggles" frequently.
You can ask Crowe about that one.

Leexxxxxxxxiii!  :-*

Nice board you guys have here.  :)

Ahh, yes. Kiltmann. I am a part of the Calgary Highlanders. We wear KILTS. Hence the name KILTMANN.

Other nicknames:

Kissmaster- Derived from my extensive knowledge of anything KISS-related.
Deuce- Derived from the song "Deuce" by KISS.
Chug-a-Lug- Made famous when I downed a 2 litre bottle of Dr. Pepper in 2 minutes.
Hawkeye- When I was in Air Cadets, I flew almost every available weekend. I was known for taking pictures from the Moose (my squadron's Cessna).
Sweetie- Lexi can answer that one. ;)
Killer Queen- Something about me, satins and lace, man.
Flyboy- I also earned this name because of my flying experience. Over 30 hours during my first year at cadets, not including glider time.
J.J.- My two middle initials (Jonathan Joseph). I absolutely detest being called J.J.  :threat: :skull:

And of course, who can forget: "Cpl. Crazy". I went out on my fall FTX, chucked a rock at a wasp's nest, almost got our entire platoon stung/killed. Then-WO Casement called me Cpl. Crazy Man on the bus, but I shortened it to Cpl. Crazy.

So there...all of my "special" nicknames.

Ever since I was a little kid (Elementary School), i've always been called by my last name and I hated it, because you cant shorten my one sylable first name Shawn, They went and picked apart my last name, (calling me everything from Papsky to Papa) and then, I joined Army Cadets (were everyone refers to everyone else by their last name...Irony?  well now I dont mind being called by my last name anymore.

-Hutch- said:
what size would that be in lets say ADIDAS?    i have a size 17-18 shoe. i depends on the maker
What do you guys do in your spare time.......... Stomp out forest fires??

jasper said:
What do you guys do in your spare time.......... Stomp out forest fires??

I was just gunna say.  :eek:

Me and my little size 5's...  :-[

army_paralegal said:
What is the meaning behind your names?

Fideo-Is spanish for a single stran of spaghetti.....Im spanish and Im 6 feet 140 lbs....lol nuff said.  :cdn:

Please post your nickname and where it came from.

Mine is Bubblez, which was given to me this summer by O/CdT Kalincak for the simple reason that I could not keep a straight face when I looked at him and I kept bubbling over with laughter, but I do refuse to say why I kept laughing!!

So what stories do any of you have to share?

Private - got it from the the Cpt. who swore me in.

Well, Swanita...as my last name is Swan some of the guys in my section just started calling me swanita during a training weekend & it stuck

also, i get hot lips quite a bit cause i have pretty damn nice lips if i do say so myself  :p, luckily don't get that one TOO much!

Many have problems pronouncing my last name (long and French).

So Des is what I often get called (pronounced Dez)

My last name when not pronouced correctly sounds like WHMIS.....so people like to call me that and giggle.

FUN TIMES!

Seamus, since before my days in the reserves. Its Gaelic for James, which is my actual name.

Back