• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Meet the GM Defense ISV Army Truck

In 2 RCHA we used to do winter exercises for three or four weeks under helicopters and without any vehicles. The strange thing is you become acclimatized to the weather. I found that coming home afterwards I'd be uncomfortable by the heat of the house while I'd been perfectly comfortable in an arctic tent. (Except the air mattresses - I hated those damn things - always froze my shoulder and hip)

šŸ»
I felt the same after a few weeks in the cold. Now I am a HEAT SLUG!!!

Bullets are more hostile than the weather. A vehicle that allows everyone to have all around observation and the ability to quickly return fire rather than sitting inside a box being perforated by rounds while you try to egress is better.

In 2 RCHA we used to do winter exercises for three or four weeks under helicopters and without any vehicles. The strange thing is you become acclimatized to the weather. I found that coming home afterwards I'd be uncomfortable by the heat of the house while I'd been perfectly comfortable in an arctic tent. (Except the air mattresses - I hated those damn things - always froze my shoulder and hip)

There are always tradeoffs, but IMHO the ISV is a perfectly acceptable option to walking for that wheels-friendly European road network some of you keep touting. BvS10 for off road bush etc sure - but remember they come in at contract prices for an all up cost of just under $2 million each while these ISVs come in at around $0.4 million. I think for a UOR purchase - its pretty good.

šŸ»

As much as I enjoyed being a youngster bombing around Calgary Trails by dark of night in an open top M151 in January snow, wearing a Korean vintage parka I have to note that in my short and entirely uneventful career I saw more hypothermia and frostbite cases than bullet wounds.

I even saw a hyperthermia case in winter - caused by overly efficient Korean war togs and over-exertion. The victim failed to ventilate appropriately and his chain of command, me, failed to supervise him appropriately. He recovered after about an hour in an ambulance and continued the exercise.

these ISVs come in at around $0.4 million. I think for a UOR purchase - its pretty good.

šŸ»
say what? $400k for a stripped down Chevy Z72 Colorado? The US Army cost for the prototypes was 33k a pop

The contract cost down here is less than 28k

Iā€™m really hoping you meant 40k Cdn not 400k

Back