• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Release ( merged )

I agree with the remarks about postings!, I am going on my 7th posting in 18 years. I am done with the moving around crap. At one time, I would volunteer for postings but now it is becoming a major pain.

Does anyone know what the criteria is to expedite a Medical File to be sent to D Med Pol for decision? Can't seem to find it.

Get your MO to ask the Base Surg to contact D Med Pol with a request to expedite their review of your file. You should explain to your MO why you’d like your category review expedited.

I spoke to the BSurg directly, apparently I have to meet the criteria for this. I feel like I am losing my mind with CAF. Despite how much I loved it, I hate it just as much!

Mediman14 said:
Does anyone know what the criteria is to expedite a Medical File to be sent to D Med Pol for decision? Can't seem to find it.

Mediman14 said:
I spoke to the BSurg directly, apparently I have to meet the criteria for this.

Did you ask the BSurg what the criteria was, and did he tell you?  More specifically, is there a reference document that details the criteria?

Blackadder1916 said:
Did you ask the BSurg what the criteria was, and did he tell you?  More specifically, is there a reference document that details the criteria?

I asked for the criteria and the reference, the response was, "there is something like 15 criteria" that is sent by email from D Med Pol to all the BSurg's across the country, apparently got lost or deleted. It's so fustrating at times.

To anyone would could snswer this -  If a Medical file is expedited and deemed by D Med Pol it will be a 3B release, approximately how much time would I have left in the CAF? Another 6 months, just for voc rehab?

Had tcat review today and its going to be a pcat. MO said file will be sent to D Med Pol to make determination for 3b or wait another year to see if things improve. Skipping base surgeon all together. After almost 3 years of tcats, I'm ready for a 3b and hope D Med Pol doesn't drag this out any longer.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Without expedited, according to case managers it could take up to 8 months to hear something back from D Med Pol.

I am in the process of receiving my advisory message from DMCA. Does any know how long it takes to get it? What does it usually contain?

Man 8 months... I was hoping to hear before new year...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I am looking for someone's thought on this, as something doesn't seem right!

I received my Advisory Message thru a different avenue. While at a Dr's appointment, my Dr was scrolling thru my CFHIS file, he pulled up a message and asked me, if I had received my advisory message. At the time, I didn't. So I went thru the proper channels and requested it from Med Records. I showed my supervisor, it turns out that my CoC did not get it. It sat in my CFHIS for over a week.

So Now I am waiting for my disclosure Package. My CO sat with me to explain the Advisory message 9 days later. The CO had asked me what my intentions was (to waive or not waive my disclosure). I said I didn't know. The CO had told me that I had two days to decide (I DO NOT HAVE MY DISCLOSURE PACKAGE YET). I am more than likely getting released as my Category is now G5 O5. Is it a normal process to force a decision?

I should add that I have a posting pending hanging over my head.

The disclosure package I have allowed for "30 calendar days, from the day I received the package, to prepare and submit any written representation."

DAOD 5019-2 was one of the references used in the disclosure (admin process).

kratz said:
The disclosure package I have allowed for "30 calendar days, from the day I received the package, to prepare and submit any written representation."

DAOD 5019-2 was one of the references used in the disclosure (admin process).

I understand the process, the thing I was wondering was that, The CO asking to decide if I want to waive my disclosure or not in a timeline of only 2 days.

Mediman14 said:
So Now I am waiting for my disclosure Package. My CO sat with me to explain the Advisory message 9 days later. The CO had asked me what my intentions was (to waive or not waive my disclosure). I said I didn't know. The CO had told me that I had two days to decide (I DO NOT HAVE MY DISCLOSURE PACKAGE YET). I am more than likely getting released as my Category is now G5 O5. Is it a normal process to force a decision?

This seems unusual to me.

Update - I sat down with my CO, and declared that I will not waive the disclosure package (still don't have it). I asked why I was being to waive it so soon - Response "It's part of the process". It seemed like my response to not waive the package, kind of made the CO mad as the tone of the voice turned. I was informed by the CO that I could expect a out of area Posting and expected to start my HHT or DIT within the next 2 weeks. Would the Career Manager even do that? It seems like a waste of time and money

Yeah, let’s totally post the guy that’s getting 3B. Sounds like a childish Snr O that needs a good boot stomp.

Spectrum said:
Yeah, let’s totally post the guy that’s getting 3B. Sounds like a childish Snr O that needs a good boot stomp.

There's likely 2 sides to this story.

Hello All,
  Does a Medical Release take priority over a VR. Situation, DMed Pol Mel's G5 05, in order to expedite the medical decision , VR was put in with a date several months away. Asked to withdraw VR memo, nothing yet. Even if DMCA has both, does the medical out weight the VR?

Mediman14 said:
Does a Medical Release take priority over a VR.

For reference to the discussion.

Voluntary Release Questions 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/18252.75.html
4 pages.

Back