Medical Release ( merged )

Mediman14

Reaction score
I agree with the remarks about postings!, I am going on my 7th posting in 18 years. I am done with the moving around crap. At one time, I would volunteer for postings but now it is becoming a major pain.

Mediman14

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the criteria is to expedite a Medical File to be sent to D Med Pol for decision? Can't seem to find it.

CombatDoc

Reaction score
Get your MO to ask the Base Surg to contact D Med Pol with a request to expedite their review of your file. You should explain to your MO why you’d like your category review expedited.

Mediman14

Reaction score
I spoke to the BSurg directly, apparently I have to meet the criteria for this. I feel like I am losing my mind with CAF. Despite how much I loved it, I hate it just as much!

Blackadder1916

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Mediman14 said:
Does anyone know what the criteria is to expedite a Medical File to be sent to D Med Pol for decision? Can't seem to find it.

Mediman14 said:
I spoke to the BSurg directly, apparently I have to meet the criteria for this.

Did you ask the BSurg what the criteria was, and did he tell you?  More specifically, is there a reference document that details the criteria?

Mediman14

Reaction score
Blackadder1916 said:
Did you ask the BSurg what the criteria was, and did he tell you?  More specifically, is there a reference document that details the criteria?

I asked for the criteria and the reference, the response was, "there is something like 15 criteria" that is sent by email from D Med Pol to all the BSurg's across the country, apparently got lost or deleted. It's so fustrating at times.

Mediman14

Reaction score
To anyone would could snswer this -  If a Medical file is expedited and deemed by D Med Pol it will be a 3B release, approximately how much time would I have left in the CAF? Another 6 months, just for voc rehab?

meni0n

Reaction score
Had tcat review today and its going to be a pcat. MO said file will be sent to D Med Pol to make determination for 3b or wait another year to see if things improve. Skipping base surgeon all together. After almost 3 years of tcats, I'm ready for a 3b and hope D Med Pol doesn't drag this out any longer.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Mediman14

Reaction score
Without expedited, according to case managers it could take up to 8 months to hear something back from D Med Pol.

Mediman14

Reaction score
I am in the process of receiving my advisory message from DMCA. Does any know how long it takes to get it? What does it usually contain?

meni0n

Reaction score
Man 8 months... I was hoping to hear before new year...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Mediman14

Reaction score
I am looking for someone's thought on this, as something doesn't seem right!

I received my Advisory Message thru a different avenue. While at a Dr's appointment, my Dr was scrolling thru my CFHIS file, he pulled up a message and asked me, if I had received my advisory message. At the time, I didn't. So I went thru the proper channels and requested it from Med Records. I showed my supervisor, it turns out that my CoC did not get it. It sat in my CFHIS for over a week.

So Now I am waiting for my disclosure Package. My CO sat with me to explain the Advisory message 9 days later. The CO had asked me what my intentions was (to waive or not waive my disclosure). I said I didn't know. The CO had told me that I had two days to decide (I DO NOT HAVE MY DISCLOSURE PACKAGE YET). I am more than likely getting released as my Category is now G5 O5. Is it a normal process to force a decision?

I should add that I have a posting pending hanging over my head.

kratz

Army.ca Veteran
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
The disclosure package I have allowed for "30 calendar days, from the day I received the package, to prepare and submit any written representation."

DAOD 5019-2 was one of the references used in the disclosure (admin process).

Mediman14

Reaction score
kratz said:
The disclosure package I have allowed for "30 calendar days, from the day I received the package, to prepare and submit any written representation."

DAOD 5019-2 was one of the references used in the disclosure (admin process).

I understand the process, the thing I was wondering was that, The CO asking to decide if I want to waive my disclosure or not in a timeline of only 2 days.

ModlrMike

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Mediman14 said:
So Now I am waiting for my disclosure Package. My CO sat with me to explain the Advisory message 9 days later. The CO had asked me what my intentions was (to waive or not waive my disclosure). I said I didn't know. The CO had told me that I had two days to decide (I DO NOT HAVE MY DISCLOSURE PACKAGE YET). I am more than likely getting released as my Category is now G5 O5. Is it a normal process to force a decision?

This seems unusual to me.

Mediman14

Reaction score
Update - I sat down with my CO, and declared that I will not waive the disclosure package (still don't have it). I asked why I was being to waive it so soon - Response "It's part of the process". It seemed like my response to not waive the package, kind of made the CO mad as the tone of the voice turned. I was informed by the CO that I could expect a out of area Posting and expected to start my HHT or DIT within the next 2 weeks. Would the Career Manager even do that? It seems like a waste of time and money

reveng

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, let’s totally post the guy that’s getting 3B. Sounds like a childish Snr O that needs a good boot stomp.

PuckChaser

Army.ca Fixture
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
Spectrum said:
Yeah, let’s totally post the guy that’s getting 3B. Sounds like a childish Snr O that needs a good boot stomp.

There's likely 2 sides to this story.

Mediman14

Reaction score
Hello All,
  Does a Medical Release take priority over a VR. Situation, DMed Pol Mel's G5 05, in order to expedite the medical decision , VR was put in with a date several months away. Asked to withdraw VR memo, nothing yet. Even if DMCA has both, does the medical out weight the VR?

mariomike

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Mediman14 said:
Does a Medical Release take priority over a VR.

For reference to the discussion.

Voluntary Release Questions 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/18252.75.html
4 pages.