• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MCpl Jeffrey Scott Walsh 2VP

old medic

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060731/afghanistan_template_060809/20060809?hub=TopStories

Canadian killed in Afghan shooting incident

Updated Wed. Aug. 9 2006 11:29 AM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

A Canadian soldier has been killed in Afghanistan in what appears to be an accidental discharge of a rifle.

"This whole incident will be investigated by the military's independent national investigation service ... but what we were told is that they were not under any fire," CTV's Matt McClure told Newsnet from Afghanistan.

Military officials say Master Cpl. Jeffrey Scott Walsh, of Shiloh Man., had just arrived in Kandahar some four or five days ago.

More to come...

oh my, very sad.  My thoughts and prayers are with the family.
There are 2 separate incidents.

Elisha

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2006/08/09/soldier-canadian.html

Canadian soldier killed in Afghanistan shooting accident
Last Updated Wed, 09 Aug 2006 11:33:39 EDT
CBC News
A Canadian soldier in Afghanistan was killed in an apparent shooting accident, military officials said Wednesday.

Master Cpl. Jeffrey Scott Walsh, who had just arrived in Afghanistan, was shot and killed in what appears to have been an accidental discharge of a rifle.

Walsh's death is under investigation by the military's National Investigation Service.

In another incident, six Canadians soldiers were injured when their armoured vehicle slammed into a truck.

Two of the soldiers suffered more serious non-life-threatening injuries, while the four others were treated and released from hospital.

More to come

My God.. 5 days in there and an apparent accident?

Another sad day .. Thoughts with his family and unit. Talk about a real kick in the crotch..

My sincerest condolences. Just goes to show how dangerous the military career really is, and is a reminder of how precious life is. Only in theatre a few days and killed in an accident. My heart goes out to his family and friends. Really hoping this bad news stops coming our way. Rest in peace.  :cdn:

My condolences to the family, friends and fellow soldiers of MCpl Walsh.  This is indeed a sad day.

OMG
This is not what I wanted to read first thing this morning.

My sincere condolences to MCPL Walsh's family and to the men and women of 2 VP.  :salute:

Official Press Release:
http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=2019

News Release
One Canadian soldier killed in Afghanistan

CEFCOM NR–06.017 - August 9, 2006

OTTAWA – One Canadian soldier was killed at approximately noon Kandahar time today, while conducting routine operations on Highway 1, about 20 km West of Kandahar City, in a weapons related accident. The incident occurred while conducting operations outside the Zharey district centre.

The accident resulted in the death of Master Corporal Jeffrey Scott Walsh of The 2nd Battalion Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry, based in Shilo, Manitoba. Master Corporal Walsh recently arrived in Afghanistan as part as the new rotation of soldiers contributing to Task Force Afghanistan. His next-of-kin have been notified.

No further details are available at this time regarding the exact circumstances surrounding this incident, although enemy action has been ruled out. Task Force Afghanistan’s National Investigation Service Detachment has begun a thorough investigation.

–30–
NOTE TO EDITOR:

A photograph of Master Corporal Walsh is available on the Combat Camera Website.
http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=photos&template=detail_e.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=14773&site=combatcamera

:cdn: :salute: My condolences to the family, friends and fellow soldiers in Shilo ( 2VP)

" 2nd To None!!! ":cdn: :salute:

Another sad day, RIP soldier, my thoughts are with the family and his Regimental family, stay strong over their you are all doing good work keep up the good fight. :salute: :cdn:

RIP MCpl Walsh. My thoughts to your family and friends. We will never forget your sacrifice for our country.  :salute:  :cdn:  :salute:

Rest in peace, soldier..........our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends..........

Ubique

A sad loss.  Unfortunately, we are hearing of losses all too often.

At the going down of the Sun,
And in the Morning,
We will remember Them.

My deepest condolances and prayers to the family of MCpl Walsh. His sacrifice will not be forgotten.

My thoughts, prayers and best wishes to his Regimental family and all fellow soldiers mourning this loss.

Of all the rotten things to have happened
MCpl, rest easy, you did not go in vain.

Best wishes to the family and members of his section

At the going down of the sun, and in the morn
We will remember them!

Chimo!

Back