• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MAGPUL iPhone cases

Arctic Acorn

Reaction score
Since I bought an iPhone 3GS a couple of years ago I've been trying to find a durable case for my phone. Something that I can take camping or on exercise, but doesn't make it big and bulky (like an Otterbox). The thing I hate about these phones is that a decent case can easily run you 3-50 bucks.  I eventually got an InCase slider, which isn't bad.

Anyway, the new iPhone 4s is now out and I'm upgrading. Shopping for a case that isn't going to break the bank I found out that Magpul makes a few types of cases for the 3Gs and the 4. Being in a support trade I've never really needed to buy any of their products, but as I'm a bit of a gear geek I've picked up that they make pretty solid products. The best part is that they're less than 10 dollars, which for an iPhone case is pretty much unheard of outside of buying it off the back of a truck.

I don't know how many folks on the board have iPhones, but many militia types I know locally have them (hell, most of my unit does). I thought I'd just put this out there for SA.

The only trick is that I can't seem to locate a Canadian distributor. Magpul doesn't ship to Canada. US Cav sells them for nine dollars US, however they charge about 30 bucks to bring stuff over the border.

I'm currently working something out to have one purchased in the US and sent here, so when I get one I'll report back.

Try amazon.ca. I found things like screen protectors that were going for $20 apiece in the stores at 15 for $5. My case that was going for about $35 in the store cost me $3.

0tto Destruct said:
Cool, thanks!

I should qualify my statement, that I don't have the same phone as you, but there's lots of choices there. Go to 'Electronics' and put your phone model in the search bar.

Dave's Surplus (DS Tactical) has some as well IIRC. I've got an Otterbox Commuter and Reflex, both great cases. Let us know how the Magpul case works out for you.

Cheers

I've got the Magpul Exec case for my iPhone 4. Got it off a dealer on Canadiangunnutz from a seller, I think Blaxsun, for 20$

While it's not as rugged or as well sealed as an otterbox, for general day-to-day usage and clumsiness (I drop mine at least once a day), the case along with one of those peel off plastic screens works pretty well.

It won't keep all the dust out during rugged field use, but if you're doing that kind of thing, you shouldn't have your phone in your pocket. However, for general phone safety, I'm pretty happy with it. Besides, I like having the conversation piece that my phone cover is made by the same company that has parts on some of my rifles.

I was checking that out and found a local dealer in Quantico that I may check out.

It looks like it would do well to provide some protection when I am out on construction sites. Dropped my 3GS a couple of times and have some minor dings along the edge of teh screen.

Only problem is I also need to find a decent holster or belt pouch that the MAGPUL would fit in. Anyone have recommendations?

My wife has a pink and a CB one. Both bought from Dave's.

Just ordered a case from Dave's Tactical. Way happier supporting a Canadian company than a US one. :)

I'll post back with how it works out. Ten bucks for a decent case is a steal.

Got the case in the mail the other day. Total cost, $8.99 plus shipping and tax (so, $14).

It's a great case. It's a lot 'grippier' than the Otterbox commute case, and the material looks pretty durable. For less than ten dollars, you can't beat it.

Back