• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Livestrong

I guess I'm to lazy to research "Livestrong". So I have absolutely no idea what your talking about.

When you ask a question, make sure you provide enough info to get a proper answer. Like maybe a web link ::)

Those yellow rubber braclet thingies. Or at least that's what I think he's talking about

http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4333

That would be it and im sorry i didnt provide a link, I thought people would know what I was talking about

I'm curious about this too.

I think that you are not allowed to wear a bracelet (except for medic alert) so any livestrong, antipoverty, diabetes research, copper arthritis bracelets or whatever are not authorized.  Since I'm not at work I can't look it up...

Exactly right.  From dress regs:

6. The only jewellery that may be worn in
uniform shall be a wrist watch, a service-issued ID
tag, a Medical Alert chain identifier, a maximum of
two rings which are not of a costume jewellery
nature and a tie tack/clasp....quote]

Ya, i have tons of livestrong bracelets, the money sure does support a great cause.  However, unless you want to get yelled at i'd take them off when in Uniform.  Not only would fall under costume jewellery but i suspect it could present a "catching" hazrad for some trades....not to mention runway FOD...lol.

Also in Civi hospitals (don't know about CF but i would guess it is similiar) a yellow band is a "do not resusicitate" indicator amongst patients, so it is the first to come off or taped over when your omitted.

if your interested in purchasing one (as i said money goes to charity) hit this site:  http://www.livestrong.org/site/c.jvKZLbMRIsG/b.594849/k.CC7C/Home.htm

cheers

PV

What about wearing it US Army style?  :)

livestrong4ni.jpg

PViddy said:
Also in Civi hospitals (don't know about CF but i would guess it is similiar) a yellow band is a "do not resusicitate" indicator amongst patients, so it is the first to come off or taped over when your omitted.

I'd say it's a little late to get rid of it or hide it at that point. ;D

JK, I know you meant "admitted" :)

Teddy Ruxpin said:
Exactly right.  From dress regs:

6. The only jewellery that may be worn in
uniform shall be a wrist watch, a service-issued ID
tag, a Medical Alert chain identifier, a maximum of
two rings which are not of a costume jewellery
nature and a tie tack/clasp....quote]

I managed to find the dress regs on Michael Dorosh's site, the Sikh bracelet is also authorized (can't recall the name) for Sikhs only of course...

I have a bracelet..it's to support people who have lost their hands because they wore so many bracelets.
More of a fashion accessory for many unfortunately, I'd suggest just donating money without bracelet.

I totally agree,

And ya, i am sure their are a lot of "posers" out their that do not have a clue what the yellow band is all about.  On the flip side, what started out as a hardcore inside cyclist thing has spread to many other sports and has brought a great deal of attention to cycling (road racing in particular), the Tour de France, and cancer research.

Good for Lance for being a great ambassador to the sport and to cancer.

cheers

PV

Yeah, there's so many of those bands floating around. For the 60km breast cancer walk me & fellow members of my regiment are doing, they sent pink bands with "I AM THE END" & their website on it. Nice little token to help raise funds as well as many participants are selling these bands for fundraising. Most of the bands I've seen are in support of different types of cancer.

Yes, the money for the Livestrong bracelets goes to charity where the heck does the U$18 shipping and handling go from a 10-bracelet order?

Yes, the money for the Livestrong bracelets goes to charity where the heck does the U$18 shipping and handling go from a 10-bracelet order?

haha, yea Gunner, i got nailed with that too!

I can speculate that their would be duty and customs on such an item because it is sent cross border ?

cheers

PV

Back