• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Let's Deal With A Little REALITY Here, Okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
leroi said:
Your preaching to the choir again: NEWSFLASH: Canada's combat mission ends 2011.

Maybe you could find a DFAIT or CIDA site to troll?

Uhhhh.......and maybe YOU could have a nice, hot cup of STFU.

Canuck1963 said:
Uhhhh.......and maybe YOU could have a nice, hot cup of STFU.

I can't believe how long you've been permitted to go on like this for

Michael O'Leary said:
From the UN Security Council Resolution 1386 (2001)

http://www.nato.int/isaf/topics/mandate/unscr/resolution_1386.pdf

You can find links to the other Resolutions supporting the initial ISAF mandate here:
http://www.nato.int/isaf/topics/mandate/index.html

You didn't say which things Canada is doing in Afghanistan that you oppose?

Is it the support to creating national institutions?  Or the eradication of polio? Or something else?

Brigadier O'Leary:

Good links. Seriously. Very stylish-sounding, and I don't doubt their veracity.

But we come back to the same flaws:

1. Time-lines.

No where is it mentioned (at that time at any rate) how LONG we're supposed to stay and "help" these Afghans achieve this "freedom from terror" and "inalienable rights" .  Mind, as one of the recent demented posters here pointed out, we're out in 2011 anyways. And the reason for THAT is quite simple: these Afghans just don't have the will or moxy to do this crap for themselves, and so someone has finally (thank christ) said "enough is enough".

2.  I OPPOSE Canada going in there and nation-building. Not our job. Not our responsibility. Either morally or ethically. I've said that already.  We can hand out as many band-aids as we like....but we can't stay there forever. If these Afghans are unhappy with the Taliban...let THEM smite the scumbags. Simple as that. I do not believe in occupation without end.

KnightShift said:
I can't believe how long you've been permitted to go on like this for

Why?

What I say that was so bad?

Do ya feel lucky?

Well?

Do ya, PUNK??

Foolish little man.

ANONYMOUSE, Have fun on your soap box: don't crack your head open when you fall off! :pop:

Sorta.

Actually, I was sidetracked by a truly magnificent bowel movement, which I'm sure was brought about by leroi's last post.  This is just a theory on my part, of course, but I'd stake my mortgage on it, by golly.

Speaking of which......I see that she has chosen to disregard and violate my last directive.

You see how grateful she should be?

If I was Hamid Karzai, and she acted out in this outrageous manner....I would have ordered her to put her burkha back on and cover herself up, and to not even THINK about uttering another word and just get back out there and milk those goats or else I'll call in the Canadian Army which is helping to prop me up and have THEM fix your wagon, Allah be praised.

:nod:

Canuck1963,

I find your posts to be increasingly aggressive, offensive and distasteful, particularly your last post.  If would ask you to kindly refrain from ad hominem attacks on the membership of this site.  If the quality of the discourse here is not to your liking, then you are certainly free to find another website that is and one where you will find a greater degree of acceptance for both your point of view and your posting style, by which I mean your liberal use of capital lettering, highlighting and underlining.  Perhaps that would increase the amount of enjoyment that all guests of this board would receive and are entitled to.  As this is a private site, I am compelled to caution you that you are likely to find yourself banned at some point if things don't change.  The site owner tends not to tolerate these kinds of posts for very long.

Regards,

MARS
Milnet.ca Mentor

Edited for spelling and grammar

Well, I find YOUR response to be one-sided, biased, prejudicial, blithely oblivious of the nonsense directed at ME, intolerant of a differing viewpoint, devoid of any appreciation/understanding of ironic humor,  mired in an insecure and threatened attitude and lacking any semblance of objective perception.

You don't like my "underlining"??? My use of "CAPITAL LETTERING"??? My "highlighting"???  HUH????  This is a gag....right? What....those icons and lettering style options above are meant to be used in case of emergencies? As a last resort? Hah??

LMFAO!!!

Okokokokok.......that was a good one. Seriously.

Wilbur...is that you bustin' my chops? Huh? Is it??

LOL!

You're a scream, I tell ya.  ;D

P.P.S.

I think Brigadier O'Leary there and myself had the start of a pretty decent discourse happening for a while......until Her Royal Bi-Polar-ness (alias leroi)  and a certain swabbie-type (yourself) decided to stick their dual beaks into it and try to ruin things.

(Although personally, I still think that's you, Wilbur...lol!)

I was going to weigh in here with my recollections, including first hand accounts, of what happened here in Ottawa and in New York, Washington, London and Kabul in later 2001 and early 2002. I was going to agree with Canuck1963 that the mission has morphed into something quite unlike the Government of Canada's original intent, but I was going to take detailed issue with his assessment of what that original intent was. However, as Cancuk1963 has decide to violate the forum guidelines (personal attacks, etc) and slag a Mentor I will just await, impatiently, his inevitable slide, through the warning system, down into Internet oblivion.

Does this mean me getting an apology is not going to happen?

(Man-oh-man...no wonder I always disliked officers......yeesh. Dull, humorless bunch they always were).

P.S.

The "original intent" of the mission was to go after (and dismantle) a terrorist outfit that attacked a country immediately south of this location on Sept. 11, 2001 as well as the government that was harboring them......and NOT because Canada was attacked.

Did I miss something?

Or did YOU learn something the rest of us didn't while you were at NDHQ?

I know that asking something like this amounts  to treason on this site, but maybe you can provide an answer for me before I'm banned for "launching another ad hominem" attack , huh?

Canuck1963 said:
P.S.

The "original intent" of the mission was to go after (and dismantle) a terrorist outfit that attacked a country immediately south of this location on Sept. 11, 2001 as well as the government that was harboring them......and NOT because Canada was attacked.

Did I miss something?

Or did YOU learn something the rest of us didn't while you were at NDHQ?

I know that asking something like this amounts  to treason on this site, but maybe you can provide an answer for me before I'm banned for "launching another ad hominem" attack , huh?

Sorry, Canuck1963, but I am not inclined to one sided 'debates' with people who will not honour the site's guidelines and who appear unable to engage in basic, civil discourse. MARS, being one of the site's Mentors, was trying to help you avoid the warning system; your response was impertinent, impolite and improper. I am taking the good advice offered: I'm not feeding the troll.

P.P.S.

And how did I "slag a Mentor"?

Are you implying that a "Mentor" is above reproach and can do no wrong? That a "Mentor" is always right and who's word and power of observation are sacrosanct?

Okay....some of you peeps are giving me the heebie-jeebies, here. It's starting to sound a bit like those cultish, tent-revival meetings, where the "brethren" are expected to march in lock-step with the Preacher.

Oy vey.

uncle-midget-Oddball said:

My first impression. :

"Canuck1963

Rough start? Maybe getting to know the crowd beforehand may have helped?

Oddball

**** Funny Silly Hat Mode Mode On ****

Hey Oddball.. Woof woof...

fightingonthe128518191111406250.jpg

**** Funny Silly Hat Mode Mode Off ****

Back to our regular programing.

Well, that's just ludicrous enough to make me believe that there's at least SOME good humor around this place!

(Although it sure isn't  the first time I've seen a retarded pu----uhhh, never mind)

OK, enough. Thread locked.

Canuck1963, check your PMs.

This is your first and only warning.

Army.ca moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back