• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leave Policy – Weekends (time off) Merged]

FSGT Lampkin

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.....

To all you ppl that are at/have been at RMC...i was wondering how much time you get off in your 1st year....i know about IAP/BOTC and no time off there but during the year do u get home much?

thx

As a member of the CF with less than 5 years in, you are entitled to 20 annual days of leave..  This basically amounts to 14-20 calender days for X-mas, depending on if you are in arts or engineering.  You get a Reading week/March Break and about 2 weeks during the summer.. before or after your summer training..  depending on what MOC you are, you may be "forced" to take a month or so off.. (damn airforce types)  If you are on SLT or Army CAP course that summer, you can expect 2 weeks.

On top of that, after the (I know its no longer called) recruit term, you usually get 3 out of 4 wkds off per month..  but that may have changed..

hello,
I have recently gotten home from visiting my boyfriend in St jean on his 4th weekend...I would like to go see him again on the long weekend in June but the problem is is that he willbe in farmham b/c it is his 8th week...there fore i was wondering will they still get the privilage of leaving for the long weekend aslong as they do not screw up?? And if they do get to leave for the long weekend will they get the friday or the monday off??? As well is the long weekend the weekend of the 24th???...sorry if this is repetitive but I just want to clarfily...thanks Jenn

The only one who could really give you a definitive answer on that is your boyfriend. Its still 4 weeks away, his staff will let him know, or tell him to ask if he gets the long weekend or not.

Maybe I am still asleep but I don't think there is a long weekend in June. The next long weekend is in July, July 1st to be exact.

Quebec.  St Jean Baptiste Day
unfortunately the rest of us don't get to benefit from it

shadow said:
Quebec.   St Jean Baptiste Day
unfortunately the rest of us don't get to benefit from it

They don't get the Civic in Aug though. At least we didn't when I was there on language school.

I didn't get Canada Day last year..  ::)

Just the way it happened to work out though.

hey,
Yeah  figured that my boyfriend would be the only one whocould give me an answer but i just thought I would try anyways...Thanks jenn

When the first Friday after week 8 is done he will most likely be confined to base, because they feel that everyone needs the rest after being in farnham, he will probably be able to leave the sat Morning at 0800. that's how my staff did it anyway. hope that helps :)

hey thanks, for the input but i have decided to go up the 7th week instead sowe can spend the whole weekend together...lol...well thanks for the help...Jenn

Armygirlfriend.........how did going up to St. Jean go for you?  Any transportation/general problems?  I might head up to St. Jean in a few weeks if my bf can manage a weekend leave

hey mappy... i took a train from windsor to toronto and then another train from toronto to montreal...then from montreal I too the local transit to  Saint jean which only costs $7.10.... probably the hardest part was finding the bus station in montreal because the station there is so large... however I had no problems the transportation was good and my hotel was nice as well... I would definetly say that you should go up and see your boyfriend I had a blast and I cannot wait to go up again...hope you have fun...and if you have anymore questions you can add me to your MSN dancing_queen63@hotmail.com...ttyl jenn

I heard there's financial aid to visit your family during your leave, but how much do they cover? A round trip fare for me from montreal to vancouver would cost $756 on westjet...  :(

LEAVE TRAVEL ASSISTANCE (LTA)

http://www.forces.gc.ca/dgcb/dcba/engraph/LTA_e.asp?sidesection=2&sidecat=7

I just finished first year at RMC.
For me, it went like this:
IAP, straight to RMC. FYOP (aka recruit term) for four weeks.

During IAP, you can get some weekend leave after the first four weeks. I know a lot of francos saw their family almost every weekend if they lived close to St. Jean.
During FYOP, not a chance(unless of course there are extenuating circumstances).

During the school year, we had 3 weeks off at Christmas, 1 week off in late February.

I then went to BOTP for 5 weeks, now I'm back at RMC for a summer OJT. I'm getting 3 weeks off at the end of the summer.

The majority of weekends during the school year are free(meaning you can get leave). There are a few duty weekends(parades, range day, etc) where you can't get leave.

I am leaving for basic in august and wondering if anyone went home on their weekend leave.?I live close  to toronto and think its about 8 hours away,has anyone made the treck home,and how?  thanks fellas!

I never went home, but I had friends that did. St. Jean is more like 5-6 hours from Toronto. First three or four weeks in Basic you are confined to the base, but after that you can go home. Going home each weekend is difficult though, there's usually lots to do during you "time off".

Back