• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Laying pipe in Newfoundland.

orange.paint

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Got this in a e mail today.Where it is back home I'm not sure.Surprised they didn't get "accidentally" killed.

The ground looks kind of rock free  ;D if I was to dig a hole in my pearents back yard I would hit bedrock within the first 2';D

NL_engineer said:
The ground looks kind of rock free  ;D if I was to dig a hole in my parents back yard I would hit bedrock within the first 2';D

I don't know much about NFLD, but it kinda looks more like Central Alberta/Western Saskatchewan to me.  Moose & no trees.  Someone who does a lot of trenching/digging might even be able to pin point where the photo was taken just from what the dirt looks like.

If those pictures are from the "Rock", please let me know where. NL is a small enough province that if someone is laying 4ft. pipe it would be well known. The total lack of "Rock", is a good indicator as well.

flamingbear said:
I don't know much about NFLD, but it kinda looks more like Central Alberta/Western Saskatchewan to me.  Moose & no trees.  Someone who does a lot of trenching/digging might even be able to pin point where the photo was taken just from what the dirt looks like.

Honestly I was thinking the same thing last night after posting it.However its hard to say from the photo.

Also one guy is wearing a coyboy hat.Saltwater cowboy? ;D However could be in NFLD.

Good eye there, about the only person allowed on a right of way in Alberta without a brain bucket would be the landowner or possibly the consultant.

flamingbear said:

Well we do have moose here, they are our speed bumps :D

I remember back in the day, being chased by one back into my MLVW.... Area 2 is deadly.

:warstory:

But Alberta is sort of becoming our Labrador anyway. ;)
And I bet yah at least 3 out of the 4 people are Newfies...the other guy with the hat is American. ;D

Most likely got sent home to mom and dad as "hey look at dis mudder" and got twisted around a bit.

Still kinda cool to see.I guess they made a ramp for the Bull and calf to climb by the look of things as well.

...and to think I didnt get my moose last year.

Best tasting too, I got 2 bottles left over from my visit in December  ;D

Nfld is known as "the Rock" for good reason.
Are you sure?

I thought is could possiably be until I seen the cowboy hat.I know where I'm from on the Avalon digging like this isnt a problem,however there is no scenery besides the dirt to tell.

My best guess is Alberta.As not mnay people wear cowboy hats in Newfoundland.Except my cousin when he got back....that got fixed.

Bob Barker/The price is right is big back home. ;D

Cowboy hats and rural NFLD just dont work lol.

Me being the ruel Newfoundlander that I am  ;D thinks that this is not real. Looks like Newfoundlanders doing the Albertans job, in Alberta.

I'll be honest guys, I don't know a lot of Newfie pipeliners, circus(service) riggers definitely.  Maybe it's because 2 of the 3 local circus rig companies are owned or run by maritimers - which would clearly skew my view of the labour market. 

If I were a bettin' man, and I ain't, I'd say that the pictures were definitely not taken in NL. If they were, it would have most definitely been on NTV. Nothing happens here and gets past the evening news. In fact, something of this nature would likely make Jim Furlong's Newsmaker of the Week. For those of you who know of whom I speak, you know what I mean - a seagull's colour can't turn slightly without it being plastered all over the 6 o'clock news.  :)
Plus, the ground sans rock/rocky texture gives it away.  ;)

Back