• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Laying pipe in Newfoundland.

EX_RCAC_011 said:
I thought is could possibly be until I seen the cowboy hat.I know where I'm from on the Avalon digging like this isn't a problem,however there is no scenery besides the dirt to tell.

What part of the Avalon are you referring to ??? a farmers field ???

Lets see, If I go to my fokes house in paradise (just outside St. John's for the non-Newfies); I would find rocks in the first few inches, and bed rock within 2'. O never mind, I would have to dig 6-8' to find dirt ;D dam snow  ;D

Maybe they were refering to Newfoundland west (AKA Alberta)

DeltaWhiskey said:
If I were a bettin' man, and I ain't, I'd say that the pictures were definitely not taken in NL. If they were, it would have most definitely been on NTV. Nothing happens here and gets past the evening news. In fact, something of this nature would likely make Jim Furlong's Newsmaker of the Week. For those of you who know of whom I speak, you know what I mean - a seagull's colour can't turn slightly without it being plastered all over the 6 o'clock news.  :)
Plus, the ground sans rock/rocky texture gives it away.  ;)

Although I agree this isn't Newfoundland (now that I look harder at it)....we all know NTV ceases to report things out past Holyrood. ;D

...A car almost crashes on Topsail road today....

Alberta.

EX_RCAC_011 said:
Although I agree this isn't Newfoundland (now that I look harder at it)....we all know NTV ceases to report things out past Holyrood. ;D

...A car almost crashes on Topsail road today....

Alberta.

Yes, true. They can't afford the gas out, so now they have "correspondents" at various points on the island.  ;) Actually, it's Labrador that gets left out. Since the advent of the digital camera, though,  every man, woman, and child has become a reporter for NTV.  :)

Ahhhh Bill Rowe.(Does he still do it?)
Almost as good as Mr Green of CFHA Ottawa.

The pipe and trench is mainland Canada.

The men are imported workers from the "Rock".

The moose were brought in to make the Newfoundlanders feel at home. ;D

Back