• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

Other stuff we're missing out on because: China

It’s just not China, it’s Canada’s entire reluctance to be an adult on Defense issues.

It’s just not China, it’s Canada’s entire reluctance to be an adult on Defense issues.
It start right at the beginning. In school children are told Canada is a peacekeeper. The HS history textbooks have just 6 pages on WWII, 2 pages about the war, 2 pages about interned Japanese/Canadians and 2 pages about Women in the war effort. No that those two topics are not important but get more weight than everything else.

Then the anti Americanism that runs though parts of society and a big part of the official Canada is the other half of the problem. The see we are not like them US guys we don't have weapons.

Canada has always been reluctant. That was an aggravation.

Now, in my opinion, China has moved up the threat scale to a clear danger. It has surpassed Vlad's Muscovy as a threat and is moving into Stalin, Krushchev Soviet Union territory. We are looking at info wars at the Gouzenko, Cambridge 5, Christine Keeler - John Profumo, Julius and Ethel Roseberg level. Only this time Peking is running the show.

And Trudeau's Power cabal are willing participants. In my opinion.

They are, in my opinion, no friends of the 5 Eyes.

Not sure if it's already in the thread, but just a heads up for anyone heading to CANSEC the protest is planned for the morning of the 31st.

I expect these same people will want us to support the Ukraine, also against the Nazis etc, but somehow don't connect that you need a functional military in place beforehand to do that. I fully understand protests against specific wars, but don't get general protests against something like this. Pretty sheltered 1st world problems I guess.

Not sure if it's already in the thread, but just a heads up for anyone heading to CANSEC the protest is planned for the morning of the 31st.

I expect these same people will want us to support the Ukraine, also against the Nazis etc, but somehow don't connect that you need a functional military in place beforehand to do that. I fully understand protests against specific wars, but don't get general protests against something like this. Pretty sheltered 1st world problems I guess.
Luckily I missed them everytime I went! Pain in the A#$

I was going to post this in the Ukraine war thread as the YouTube video that linked it stated this is what the Ukraine's will be facing when they start their Offensive.

But IMHO, thought the video may be more appropriate here.

Think the CAF could do this? Dream on.

I was going to post this in the Ukraine war thread as the YouTube video that linked it stated this is what the Ukraine's will be facing when they start their Offensive.

But IMHO, thought the video may be more appropriate here.

Think the CAF could do this? Dream on.

This used to be a pretty standard task for Cbt Tms/ BGps.

Assuming that we still practise this stuff, I would guess the CAF is still capable of this type of operation...

And I like the CGI! Wish this was around when I was learning this stuff. There are some things an OHP and a grease pencil just can't convey ;)

The Canadian Army still trains for combined arms breaches at the Cbt team level pretty extensively. It’s covered in both individual training on ATOC, AOC and combat team commander.
It’s also rehearsed and practiced live. Most of the assets are all 1 CMBG although the other Bdes got the opportunity in Ex MRs.

The Canadian Army still trains for combined arms breaches at the Cbt team level pretty extensively. It’s covered in both individual training on ATOC, AOC and combat team commander.
It’s also rehearsed and practiced live. Most of the assets are all 1 CMBG although the other Bdes got the opportunity in Ex MRs.

Wayyyyy more fun than Res Dml Gd too ;)

I though I saw recently that Canada was going to join AUKUS, and a non-nuclear boat partner.

It's OK, we've already got our pronouns picked out so we're good ;)

Sign Language Non Binary GIF

Back