• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2009 BMQ

Tulach Ard said:
Yes I have, and memorized it actually. I do realize only I have my service number. But when some things to do with the military are SO picky, it makes us newbies assume EVERYTHING is utterly nitpicked. Thanks for the info, it always helps=)

Understood.  Starting off in the CF is somewhat confusing.  Don't get flustered when you don't know something, 'cause there is something everyone can/should learn every day in the CF.

I learned today, for example, if you show up at the Sqn right at 0800, you will NOT get a breakfast puck as they are all gone, but the coffee is still good.  :blotto: 

Thermal said:
Hmmm, 2 more days to go...

I feel a bit nervous, but my good friend told me that being nervous is good - It means I'll do my best to excel.

Packed all my stuff nicely in my bag, ready to go.
Vancouver was a nice city. I will miss this place.

@Tulach Ard, looking forward to meet you in person at the airport.  :)

Hi Thermal,

I am feeling a bit nervous as well! I am packed and ready to go also.

See you on the green side!  :camo:

According to the outline my autobiography will end about 1989 trying to stick with the guidelines.  Trying to include any information regarding the past 20 years is brutal if you are aiming for 400 words or less.  I think I'm down to about 640 with a nice bit on my parents former careers and a paragraph on extra curricular activities  when I was in Elementary school, but my wife and kids barely get passing mention.

DanS. said:
Hi Thermal,

I am feeling a bit nervous as well! I am packed and ready to go also.

See you on the green side!  :camo:
Looking forward to meet you as well!  :nod:

EDIT: This is my last posting for now. I will see all of you (0268E) at St.Jean! This weekend!

Gary D. in SK said:
According to the outline my autobiography will end about 1989 trying to stick with the guidelines.  Trying to include any information regarding the past 20 years is brutal if you are aiming for 400 words or less.  I think I'm down to about 640 with a nice bit on my parents former careers and a paragraph on extra curricular activities  when I was in Elementary school, but my wife and kids barely get passing mention.

I hear you Gary, I'm having a heck of a time with my word count.  Almost tempted to begin my Autobiography a la Bugs Bunny "...I was born at a very early age..."  I'm on draft #3.  Did you get your security clearance paperwork done?  I had to track down all 5 of my siblings to get their info... not an easy feat when there's a wedding tomorrow and they're all going/ getting ready.. I'm a bad sister, couldn't remember anyone's birthday

TODAY'S THE DAY!  >:D >:D >:D >:D :threat: :threat: :threat:

Don't forget to be there before 1800 and not 2000 as the CFLRS says!  :blotto:

I probably won't meet you guys since I'm on the french course, so good luck to y'all!  :salute: :salute: :salute:

If you see a guy with arrow-shaped forehead hair and huge eyebrows (portuguese) ... probably me!
Hopefully not in the WFT plantton!  :blotto:

Well I'm off to Calgary to swear in, and then a day in Banff and fly out Saturday.  So I'll see you folks in St. Jean.  Oh and no I still haven't received my package.  I talked to the CRFC and they said not to worry, I'd get it all when I got there today.  Not giving me much wiggle room to get all the info I need for the security clearance form, but what are you going to do, just run with what I'm given and deal with it.  I've organized a a big dinner with the family and in laws, so I'll have them all in one place for a couple of hours tonight anyway.

GD

Congrats Gary, I'll probably see you Sunday.  I'm the short chick with the short dark hair. 

Lil_T,

You're not in till Sunday? My instructions told me to be there on Saturday. Any other 27er's in on Saturday, or will I be a lonely boy for a day?

No, I'm not, I'm just driving in from Ottawa (about 2.5/3 hours I guess, no idea how long it takes to get there).  RC told us 27th people that we don't have to be there until the 26th.  I should be there around 1630/1700.  There will be a couple of people though that are travelling on the 25th due to transportation issues. 

I would have offered to drive, but I'm not keen on having strangers in my car.  LOL

Well, at least I won't be the only one in on Saturday. Drive safe, and we'll see you Sunday evening.

Will do - I am programming my route into my GPS AND writing out the directions as well, just in case. Driving through Montreal scares the bejeezus out of me.

Lil_T said:
Will do - I am programming my route into my GPS AND writing out the directions as well, just in case. Driving through Montreal scares the bejeezus out of me.

Just make sure you cross the right bridge (Champlain IIRC...) and you should be good to go!  :D

Good luck!

I will be there on the 26th at around 5 or 5:30.  Lil_T when you drive from Ottawa to Montreal just make sure you're always in the right lane cause in the west island there are a kazillion highways that come together so just make sure that you are always in the right lane to be able to go from one highway to another and you should be fine.  Unlike Toronto which has one big highway Montreal has many many different highways----so it seems you're always changing highways when you drive somewhere.  Anyway, if you have a GPS it's impossible to get lost with those.  Have a good drive over and I'll see you and everyone else Sunday.

thanks guys.  ;D  If I'm not there by 1830 send out the SAR Techs!!

Is there anyone catching a flight at 850 am saturday morning from the vancouver airport?

Back