• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2009 BMQ

Guys,

I know you are new to the game, but the PPCLI or The RCR didn't hire you.  The CF did, and your Regiments will be PPCLI and/or The RCR.

You'll pick up on the *language* of the CF as times goes by, don't worry. 

Welcome to the CF, its a great ride.  Enjoy it.

Congrats _Reaper_, We'll see you at the mega. Are you arriving on the 25th or 26th? After basic I'll be training as an E O Tech, assuming I pass POET.

Sorry to highjack the thread for a sec but, in my interview they asked me which regiment i would prefer and I said PPCLI but I am now leaning towards RCR, I know that they wont decide on which regiment to send me to until after BMQ and whatnot. And I know that they wont necessarily pick the one I asked for and that I go where I am needed, and that is fine. But do you know if I will have an opportunity to tell someone that i would PREFER RCR over PPCLI? Or do you suggest just telling the RC when they call me to tell me I am medically fit...which they will  :-\.

If you want to change your preference to The RCR, just call the recruiting center and ask them to change your preference.  IMO, the sooner you do it, the better.  They won't get mad, but they may ask why.  Have a reasonable answer.

Well it's official-------I took the oath this morning so I'll see all you other 27ers in a couple of weeks.

Finally was sworn in this morning, see everyone who's in on the 20th course in 9 days.

coddex said:
Finally was sworn in this morning, see everyone who's in on the 20th course in 9 days.

I'll see you there on July 20th, coddex.  :salute:
I'm flying from Vancouver, and you?

EDIT: Anyone else from BC, flying from Vancouver to Montreal on July 18th?

Thermal said:

I'm going to be flying out of Fredericton the morning of the 19th, looking forward to it. I'm assuming that coming from Vancouver you'll be flying out on the 18th?

if you want to re-batch your posting don't wait to long.  i joined under the impression i was going PPCLI only to find out at at the very end of basic i was going RCR.  I asked for a re-batch then and low and behold i was sent to Meaford.  :) sometimes you get what you get i personally found it easier to be posted away from home for *training* its hard to miss someone but you miss them more if you can see it on the weekends. (in my case anyway)

coddex said:
I'm going to be flying out of Fredericton the morning of the 19th, looking forward to it. I'm assuming that coming from Vancouver you'll be flying out on the 18th?

Yes, at least for me. I have to wake up early and catch my flight in the early morning on 18th.

OK so far, after reading the whole thread...
I see,

myself,
coddex,
Nedep,
Kenada,
and Tulach Ard

will be on 20th BMQ.

9 more days troops!, see you all there.  :camo:

Thermal said:

Yea I am! 8:50am Air Canada! LOL Were you at the swearing in yesterday in New West? If so we would have met=)

Tulach Ard said:
Yea I am! 8:50am Air Canada! LOL Were you at the swearing in yesterday in New West? If so we would have met=)

Yup! 8:50am, same flight!  ;D
Yay, at least, it won't be a boring 5.5-hour flight alone, haha.

I was sworn-in on July 2nd, actually. I didn't see any females there in my group on the day, though.
I saw a lot of combat engineers in my group on the 2nd.

congrats to everyone at the ceremony yesterday, im from BC but im going to be catching a flight to Montreal on the 25th, good luck to everyone going earlier

Finally it is all official.  I recieved my offer on July 9th, I swear in, in what is going to be a non cerimonial private meeting at CFRC Calgary July 23rd and start BMQ in St. Jean on the 27th.

They took quite some time sorting out my PLAR, and in the end are offering me my 3's providing I can demonstrate proficiency in a couple of areas.

I'm now on vacation on the coast and will be home on the 18th to get my stuff packed up and papework etc. in order, then back to Calgary and then off to BMQ.  That will be one hectic couple of days.

Back