• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2009 BMQ

Dang itower! Sounds like you're going to be fine out there!

Best of luck to you, perhaps we will meet some day down the line...

Where are you from and where are going to be posted? 

Montreal here!

I'm from Toronto, hopefully going to be posted to RCR Petawawa. Although my goal is to go airborne, so I may have to go to Gagetown.

Para-coys are in the 3rd battalion of each regiment. So, they're located in Edmonton, Petawawa, and Valcatier.

Oh thanks, for some reason I thought it was Gagetown. Good to know!

Cooldevil789 said:
Well then, here I am still waiting.

So I called the CFRC in Hamilton Monday. This is the response I get "Well our office is switching desks, so you can consider this week to be a skip week, nothing in our office will move this week. Please call back next Wednesday and we will see how your file is moving. But on the positive side, there are no negative notes on your account as of yet. Thanks for calling"

Hmm, that's unfortunate for me. But like he said there are no negative notes against me as of yet, and I hope there won't be an I receive my merit listing and a position in late July.

When I finished up all my testing I asked the reception at the CFRC what was to be done next, I love the response I got. "Sit on your hands, and hope to get a call soon".

Boy that phrase is correct, but like I said, I'm hanging in here and I hope I get the call soon!

Good news bad news time.

I'm still waiting (Bad news) Good news is my name check and back check came back alright, CFRC Hamilton is just waiting on my medical file to come back from The capitol too qualify me for merit list. My medical exam went over very well, and the doctor said I was medically fit for travel around the world, and would be a good addition physically to the army.

So after this I managed to get a hold of my file manager and interviewer to check too see how the July BMQ for Combat engineers is, and there are still a few positions available for the end of July, so I am still holding out hope that I finally get that call!

xxmixkexx said:
Hopefully I will get in around then. I have my interview tuesday.

I recently had my interview a few weeks ago. Other than some medical forms that I have to send back, I'm pretty much done. I had some back problems that've been really killing me the past few months, I thought it might've been something wrong with my back but luckily x-rays came back negative on any displacement. Ive been doing strengthening exercises with my back muscles to get ready for BMQ considering the load that I'm going to be placing on it. Still have to get those forms filled out before I can finish my application... I'm sad that I wont be in BMQ for july :-X

Well best of luck to you both.

I've heard of people getting a response as fast as four months, or as long as three years. Hopefully you two aren't the latter!

yup - course starts the 27th I'll be driving over on the 26th.

I got "the call" last week (pheww), and im leaving on july 25th from abbotsford, british columbia. I was told im starting my service on july 27th? Im going into BMQ hoping that i will continue on as a combat engineer  or what the old timers call a "sapper". I was wondering if anyone else is leaving from the same area around that time? Good luck to everybody who is leaving earlier.

Just wondering, does anybody going to July 6 go rock climbing; I am debating taking my gear with me.

Rick

lutherd said:
Just wondering, does anybody going to July 6 go rock climbing; I am debating taking my gear with me.

Rick

Sure, take rock climbing gear with you. But consider this :

1- You have nowhere to store it;
2- You are not going to a 9-5, Monday to Friday gig;
3- At the very least, you are stuck on base for the first 4 weekends....at least ;
4- If you do get a weekend off, you might not feel like doing something like that; and
5- You are just starting out your career. Do you realy want to increase the potential of getting hurt on your time off ? Have you considered the consequences should something happen to you ?

Just food for thought.

there's a fair bit of us on the July 27th. wonder how many of us will be in the same platoon.

Back