• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining the reserves

Avery Irving-Kerr

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, i'm currently planning on applying for the reserves, hopefully this february. however, i'm 16 and from what I understand I have to be a fulltime high school student to join at this age. problem is that i'm homeschooled, currently in grade 11, will i still be count as a fulltime student?
I follow a curriculum, and I will be able to get my schooling recognized by my local high school and they can give me an official transcript. (I Know this because i've done it before)
I am just wondering if showing up with just the transcript, despite not actually attending a high school,  will allow me to join, or if there's something else that I will need to do?

Thanks in advance

To join the Reserve Force at the age of 16, will require both parental consent and enrolment as a full-time high school student.

For instances which you have described above (ie; Home Schooling), if you are following an established curriculum and are currently registered with a local school or board of education, a letter or acknowledgement of registration from either organization would be acceptable.  If you are not currently registered for Home Schooling with a local school or board of education, then a letter from your parents stating that you are completing a full course load in addition to an actual academic transcript from a High School could also be used.

Back