• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Islamic Terrorism in the West ( Mega thread)

Britain ignored the issue and now London is pretty much overrun with radical islamists and Hamas leaders. We aren’t too far behind, there are already open demonstrations in support of terror in Canada.
Malmo Sweden the same, Parts of Paris, ditto

How do get away with openly threatening to kill a police officer??????
I think he was threatening someone else, it looked like police were keeping a dividing line between the protest group and either bystanders or counter protesters.

Look at the tactical situation the couple officers are in there. With what we’re limited to seeing, to me that’s not the circumstances to try to force an arrest. You’re probably just going to end up with a brawl and potentially much greater harm, and you probably won’t be succesful in the arrest either. There’s video everywhere; if possible you try to ID for subsequent arrest and charges when they’re no longer in the powder keg. Sometimes in a public order situation you have to accept that not everything will be actionable and some people will get away with some stuff. This is a very volatile situation in a crappy setting.

Last edited:
I think he was threatening someone else, it looked like police were keeping a dividing line between the protest group and either bystanders or counter protesters.

Look at the tactical situation the couple officers are in there. With what we’re limited to seeing, to me that’s not the circumstances to try to force an arrest. You’re probably just going to end up with a brawl and potentially much greater harm, and you probably won’t be succesful in the arrest either. There’s video everywhere; if possible you try to ID for subsequent arrest and charges when they’re no longer in the powder keg. Sometimes in a public order situation you have to accept that not everything will be actionable and some people will get away with some stuff. This is a very volatile situation in a crappy setting.
Honestly I see that answer as a bit of a cop out (pun intended). To retain public order sometimes one needs to act with speed, surprise and violence of action.

I’m of the experience that very few people will actively resist an aggressive Police action - especially if they know they are going to get hickory shampoo’d if they do.

Honestly I see that answer as a bit of a cop out (pun intended). To retain public order sometimes one needs to act with speed, surprise and violence of action.

I’m of the experience that very few people will actively resist an aggressive Police action - especially if they know they are going to get hickory shampoo’d if they do.
Get it right - they were resisting!!! ;)

So CCC§264.1 is…unenforceable? 🤷🏻‍♂️

No, but pretty much any offense not involving actual immediate injury may not be wise to try to enforce in the moment.

Yeah, but if you’re gonna go violent on public order enforcement, you’d better have what you need in place.

An event like this would be run by a critical incident commander, who also likely had given specific direction about thresholds for arrest or other enforcement action in order to have a firm grip on what’s happening big picture.

I agree that what we saw here was all kinds of wrong. I just don’t think these officers, in this situation, were in a good place to try to take enforcement action given the totality of the situation. There are lots of ways this could have gotten worse from a simple spark like that. I hope that for future protests, police posture is ramped up so that they can act more decisively.

A couple of additional observations.

The clip is about 6 minutes long. By the end of the clip there seemed to be about two dozen uniforms on the scene and they had started to form containment lines. This apparently caused some angst among the youngsters. They were contained by elders.

The second observation was the use of a woman with a stroller to break the containment. The woman with the stroller approached one of the lines looking to pass. One of the elders, complete with shemagh and flag, claimed the children as his and asked for them all to be let through. The containment was disrupted and other young women then asked that they also be allowed to pass and were denied.

Women and children first is a thing.

A couple of additional observations.

The clip is about 6 minutes long. By the end of the clip there seemed to be about two dozen uniforms on the scene and they had started to form containment lines. This apparently caused some angst among the youngsters. They were contained by elders.

The second observation was the use of a woman with a stroller to break the containment. The woman with the stroller approached one of the lines looking to pass. One of the elders, complete with shemagh and flag, claimed the children as his and asked for them all to be let through. The containment was disrupted and other young women then asked that they also be allowed to pass and were denied.

Women and children first is a thing.

Good observations. We may have seen the very early part of things going sideways, with more resources being brought in to respond, including containment and/or moving the crowd out of there. These things can happen pretty fast.

EDIT TO ADD: watching it fully through again, yeah, there was a civilian behind the officers who looked to have been shouting back at the couple angry young dudes. I’ll firm up on I don’t think the threat was to the cops.

Note that when more police officers arrive and start to form a line, the ones who were isolated at the front of the store move in through the new line. That also leaves most of the cops on the new front line wearing helmets- bike cops can be a subtle but useful way to move people in with a bit more PPE without it being an obvious escalation.

There’s also ‘self policing’ from cooler heads within the crowd, which is pretty typical when you have a small core of hotheads.

Not to suggest the old Metro force handled things better, or worse, than the one of today. But, from what I remember, they were different.

I hope that for future protests, police posture is ramped up so that they can act more decisively.

I have in-laws in the Wilson Heights area. Historically, that's one of the quietest areas of Metro. Now, there is a pretty heavy, and continuous, police presence.

The War on Christmas was fought in Ottawa yesterday.

This just looks like healthy diversity to me, it's going to make our country a world leader something something. Pretty soon the government will be full diverse and this will be normal, we just aren't a 3rd world country yet.

Aaaaand there it is.

No, but pretty much any offense not involving actual immediate injury may not be wise to try to enforce in the moment.
Boiling frog?

Is this protesting, or is it denying others’ right to freely pass without threatening acts that, for the moment, seem explainable as ‘just words’…

Boiling frog?

Is this protesting, or is it denying others’ right to freely pass without threatening acts that, for the moment, seem explainable as ‘just words’…
What are you talking about? I’m clearly not siding with the conduct. I’m taking about purely tactical decisions about whether, in the moment, something can be enforced sufficiently effectively and sufficiently safely for police and the public for the juice to be worth the squeeze, in the bigger picture of what’s going on overall. You’re well outside your arcs on this one.

The mall is private property. Pretty much everyone there is committing, at a minimum, criminal code mischief and provincial trespass, and some are committing crim code causing a disturbance and utter threats. And, it is also a protest, albeit one that, IMHO, is unlawful because of its infliction on private property.

This just looks like healthy diversity to me, it's going to make our country a world leader something something. Pretty soon the government will be full diverse and this will be normal, we just aren't a 3rd world country yet.
We're probably only a couple of major incidents away from Gangs of New York 😄

Daniel Day Lewis Fight GIF by MIRAMAX

What the establishment has to avoid is the appearance of taking the side of protestors.

They aren't protestors, they are a mob.

Aaaaand there it is.

Not all diversity is bad. I don't see Indians, Asians, Ukrainians etc coming here and consistently harassing people and shutting down streets for their 'protests'. There is something about this group and Israel defending itself that is...off. They can't come here like everyone else and just leave their problems at the door.

Last edited:
Back