• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is this guy for real or a wanabe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my72jeep said:
Funny you say that. But the news is fast to play the he's in/was in the reserves/military any time some dumb *** does something stupid. My  :2c:
The difference in this case is it wasn't the media who brought up the fact he was in the reserves but him who brought it up, which my guess is only as an attempt to minimize the blame for the incident created.
Floating down river at night on an ice flow while making a self promoting YouTube video as a valid forum of training. ::)
What PO would that cover?

X Royal said:
The difference in this case is it wasn't the media who brought up the fact he was in the reserves but him who brought it up, which my guess is only as an attempt to minimize the blame for the incident created.
You're making a lot of assumptions on the basis of a single, brief, poorly-written article in a small-market newspaper. Right now the only thing keeping this story in "the media" is a specific poster to a widely-read online forum who won't let it drop.

X Royal said:
SIR?
Does that mean Special Incident Report?

No, but keep playing.

Shhhhhhhhh ! : If you don't know what a SIR is, then you don't have a need to know. It's a secret NAVY thing ;)

X Royal said:
SIR?
Does that mean Special Incident Report?

Significant Incident Report?
http://milnet.ca/wiki/index.php/Canadian_Military_Acronyms#S

I think this story points to a very real issue that those of us in the Reserve should bear in mind:

a. it will always get out that we are members, notwithstanding our real lives;
b. the writers will always try to link our action or inaction to the CF (both good and bad); and
c. we will always be held to a higher standard than the general public.

FSTO said:
There was a SIR released today from PREVOST to NAVRESHQ (info RCN COS and MARPAC COS) explaining the entire situation. I'm sure he had a one way conversation with the XO and Coxswain about all the trouble he caused.
Topped off by (what sounds like) a letter from the stone frigate bosses to Sarnia's mayor ....
A local military diver is in hot water after he sparked a massive weekend international search-and-rescue effort on the St. Clair River.

Mayor Mike Bradley was informed Thursday that a full military investigation is underway into the actions of diver Curt Brown, who is attached to the naval reserve in London, Ont.

The reservist has also been ordered to attend counselling and a planned weekend diving trip to Halifax was cancelled, Bradley noted.

Lt.-Cmdr. Sean Batte of HMCS Prevost in London offered Bradley details of the steps the military is taking in response, after Bradley appealed in a letter to high-ranking military officials to take action.

Thursday, Batte sent a response to Bradley apologizing "to you and your first responders for the risk they were required to assume due to the actions of one of my sailors."

(....)

In his letter, Batte confirmed Brown was "not on duty, nor participating in a sanctioned naval exercise," but he's instructed his coxswain to gather information on the incident ....
More on this newest bit of the story from CBC.ca here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back