• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IS THIS A GOOD IDEA??? IF SO...

PARAMEDIC

Inactive
Reaction score
;D Hi everybody
i was just thinking this up and it sounded pretty good to me ...
well heres what i was thinking....
If any new recruits on the merit list who live in mississauga or surrounding area, who are waiting for "THE CALL"
and wanna get together and go for runs and do some PT and who knows if itwe get a big turn out..we can add ruck marches ...or any other suggestions  that may come about..
im going for reg force 031 inf ,trying to get it top shape b4 i go
I know this may sound corny but hey  ;D we get to meet up with ppl b4 we go and i guess it'll be more comfy for some ppl to know each other when we get there..so its all positive and up and up..
i dont know if this will work but hey can't hurt to ask..right ;)
BTW anyone is welcome ..not only inf 
its a good way to judge your workout routine or if you need to improve...i know i have a lot to work on so this will be great motivation....
If this sounds good to you gimme a shout on PM or email up to you..if u think its not good or makes no sense or if u want to add something pls reply.. :D
HURRY UP AND WAIT...BUT WAIT IN THE BEST SHAPE EVER!
K THX a lot PPL ...hope to read ur replies ;D ;D

ya know, i probably would... if not for the motiviational aspect of another person making you push for it.

but i live too far away from mississauga now... i dont think i'll be driving 2 1/2 hours for a workout everyday :D

I live in Burlington, id like to go for the motivation as well but it is a little far for a workout.

I workout every day and my mind frame is, "i need to be stronger, faster, smarter and more dedicated then the man next to me, if i can't do that last rep i want to do or that last KM, then im not made for infantry and should be a university grad with a boring a$$ life- infantry for me, watch and see."

thx guys for the response....yeah wished u guys were closer but oh well ...will wait and see if any mississaugaians turn up...or at least thats what i think we call ourselves ??? :-[ ???
guess we will all meet up at basic then.
keep us posted on "the call" situation...im still waiting.

just a question ...would coming out for runs and pt , spoil your experience of going to basic??
maybe some ppl want to keep their experience pure...where they dont know anybody to begin with on the course...
think it is a possibility??or a reason to make this a bad idea?? dunno so pls provide your input.

Going out for runs with some guys before you go to basic is an okay idea. But you should focus more on just going by yourself because it takes more will power and determination to do it by yourself and to keep it up for a long period of time.

I sounds like an excellent idea to get to know the people your going to be going to training with. I'd join you, but I live in NS, a loooong way from missisauga.

Thx ender for your post.. I know its harder and I do my runs and exercises daily..heres my routine..
5.30am go for my runs 3km
come back do 3 sets of 30 push ups .. ;D or at least i try on the last set to get up to 30
3 sets of 30 situps..no problem with those
1-2 mins rest between each set
dumbbells 35lbs 3 sets of 12 and a bar curls 38lbs each side ( thats all the weight i have at home ;D)..and again try on the last set to reach 12..
and during the day doing as many pushups as i can ,when i remember to do them...
5.30pm go for my runs
and basically same routine till I sleep
i have kept this up for the past 3 months and I'm increasing my distance every week ;D
and when its bloody hot outside..go to my friends pool for some swim training ;D
BUT the reason for my post was so i could see if could get a bunch of ppl and add an extra run to my routine or substitute the evening run and pt .
see I'm not a big guy..I'm 135lbs soaking wet and it'd be a good way to get some advice on workout routines and if I'm doing it correctly, also its a good chance to see/hear what other ppl are doing to get ready and make adjustments to my routine if I'm falling short. plus theres an extra addage to push myself harder and further with the  group.
oh yeah forgot to mention this b4 in my post anyone is welcome male/female doesn't matter coz we are all trying to get ready!!
Thx again ender for your reply ... ;Dhope this thing flies or if others give me reason enuf to scrap it.
heehhehe thx dr.no and damn that far lol

"we are the sharp end of the stick and if we aren't sharp enough we'd just be tickling them" ;D ;D
CLOSE WITH AND DESTROY THE ENEMY

Great idea!!!

I'd be on that like a fly on ... well you know the rest... however, northern Alberta to Missisauga is a bit of a hike....

I tried that with a few guys at work and just ended up waiting for them to get to the meeting point. There was always something...

I found that this site worked well for a training program, you need a few ppl for a couple of the excersizes (I didn't claim to be a good speller.)           http://www.hooah4health.com/body/fitness/default.htm
Yes it is an american site (boo, hiss, etc...) but I like their point system for training. I'm going towards scoring a perfect 300, it'll take a bit but at least I only have to work on my running.....

Oh, right, BTW, I'm not that big either (155-165) but I can still out-lift, out-work, and just kick butt compared to all the guys at work -> they are all around 6'0 to 6'3 and 200+

Hey that would be awesome, I wish I was in your area too. Im just starting to get in shape - currently in horrible shape (haven't applied yet but am planning to in october-november), so I probably couldn't keep up anyways.

If anyone is in the Ottawa (or even better Gloucester near Appleton) area who's just getting started I'd be all for it though.

Nothing like a good kick in the ass to get things going.

lol damn wish there would be a bigger turnout by ppl appliying or who are waiting for the call in the mississauga area, love that you guys are interested even though you guys live so far away. keep at your routines keep up the good work, hope to see you guys at fall bmq if i ever get in..it'll be a blast, as for me im gonna keep at my routine till i go, hopefully get some enthusiastic ppl like you guys to join me during runs before i go. hope to see you all soon.. :)

I'd do it...be a little hard to convince the folks that I'm meeting a bunch of army guys to go for a run though...that and the fact that I'm 15 and I probably wont be able to keep up makes me think I'm better off running around the track at school...lol...so sorry, looks like I'm the only guy in Mississauga interested so far and I'm unfit to attend...

I'm finally starting to grow, hitting spurts and stuff and I still have a few years left to grow, but now that I'm 16 (...well, 16 in 3 days) I've started working out seriously now...but I don't know how much is to much...benchpress 45lbs. 3 of 30, curl 45lbs. 3 of 15, do as many push-ups as I can before I can't get back up and the same deal with situps (try to do 3 of w/e)...I don't run much but I rollerblade a lot so it works out...I don't have a chin up bar or something that can be substituted as one so I can't do any of those...but it's working so far

(okay, okay, so making this post wasn't very necessary...I guess I'm seeing how I size up now and what I'll be looking to achieve in the near future)

Lolz
..If this is any indication of how many ppl are joining infantry from mississauga then im happy  ;D as that would mean that I might get a seat because there aren't enuf ppl applying.

;D ;D theres always an upside to everything  ;D ;D

sounds good, as tommorrow will be the 14th week waiting for my medical... too bad I live in Edmon-chuck...

anyone else live in the edmonton area?

Training together is a great idea because you can motivate eachother and get a better workout but I don't live near Mississauga.

Does anyone live in Midland or near it and want to train? I normally go running around the park, let me know...

PARAMEDIC... If you are looking to be Infantry.. please let me know what area... Liht Infantry?? If so I am going for that too but not at the stage that you are.. i also have something to add to a post you made.... more like a comment but If you are 135 and are still fairly strong and can run fairly well.. then STAY 135... If you are small but stil can handle the pressure and the strain then you will come out on top because the Infantry (Light mainly) is not really intended for the huge guys .... what i am saying is that if you are fairly small but pack a good punch then keep it that way because the Army could use that to get you places the bigger guys couldn't get... like me I am 175 to 180 and i am 5' 9" or a bit bigger  yet i am strong.. i have NO cardio lol.. but enough about me be satisfied that you arent TOO big. and you will go VERY far in the  infantry!! :salute: :cdn:  good luck!! :salute: :cdn:

but If you are 135 and are still fairly strong and can run fairly well.. then STAY 135... If you are small but still can handle the pressure and the strain then you will come out on top because the Infantry (Light mainly) is not really intended for the huge guys .... what i am saying is that if you are fairly small but pack a good punch then keep it that way because the Army could use that to get you places the bigger guys couldn't get... like me I am 175 to 180 and i am 5' 9" or a bit bigger   yet i am strong.. i have NO cardio lol.. but enough about me be satisfied that you arent TOO big. and you will go VERY far in the   infantry!!

AspiringL.I.   I applaud your enthusiasm but you've never done basic training and you've never done your infantry course.   Do you really think that leaves you in a good position to give advice on what size you should be or the PT factors to be faced in battleschool? Or really give any advice about the Infantry?

Light Infantry is not intended for huge guys. Where did you pick that up? if anything wouldn't mechanized infantry be "intended" for smaller guys considering their inside vehicles. Guys in the light infantry carry some pretty heavy kit which isn't always easy to do when your 130 pounds.

this is a good idea we can set up littel PT. groups in city's to help us all get ready.
its hard to stay motivated when training solo.
so I'm in Edmonton who else is hear to maybe get to gether and train or pass on helpful hints?

now now ghost ...we all need a taste of reality now and again but I dont want to end up having this post locked down lol  :)
seen a lot of post locked down due to flame thrower wars, when the person asking the questions get deprived because 2 ppl go at it.( good thing aspiring isnt coming back with a zinger of his own)

lets leave this post with positive feedback.

thx for the consideration and replies.

I hope I'm not comming across as a jerk thats not my intention. I'm not getting into a flame war. (And when i do i always win so it's no fun) ;)

I think Aspiring is a good guy. When he came here I believe his name was a little inappropiate, someone pointed it out and he changed it without a fuss? I really respect that and think it sets a very good example.

I'm simply pointing out that at 15 and a civilian, he is not really qualified to judge "how far someone will go in the infantry"
I have basic first aid. If I see someone putting a leg split on someone else I'm not really qualified to say "Thats a nice splint, you would be a great paramedic" right?

I don't know maybe i'm just nit picking and i should go back to my game of Halo.  :blotto:

BTW halo is good but Doom3 kicks ass and HL2 will rule them all....hope i get to play it before i go

No harm done with a little constructive criticism hope aspiring understands.

now if only some ppl from mississauga can respond hahahahhahaha dang it

keep at it ppl, 10 more days to know if your going or not

oh btw ghost check your pm

Back