• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is Patrolman Officer Material(CEOTP)?

NAV COMMS -5 for CEOTP, -2 through AVOTP (and this is only what I have personally seen)

4 on the west and 1 so far on the east, with a possible total of 8 for CEOTP

Run away the MOSART Monster is going to get you...AHHHHHHHH!!!! :rage:

Bad year to be D MIL C 2-5-5 NAV COMM

Our new career manager is going to have his hands full that's for sure.  It's almost like no one wants to be a NAV COMM any more.  Could have something to do with last month's brief. 

Not bitter or anything, kinda glad this opportunity came when it did though. 

Nothing for me yet. I am starting to think my application has been denied. If this doesn't work out my COC has an application for CFR ready to submit. Congratulations to all those who have been successful,it has been a tense wait. I guess for some the wait continues.

I know of 3 that have managed to get AVOTP for the navcomm trade  (2 Aesops 1 Bosn) LOL someone somewhere has to take note of that.

Perhaps its time for the  CPO's to wake up and realize that change is good!

Whoo hoo!! Got mine today!!
The SSM came down before our stables parade and gave me the message! Good luck getting this shit eating grin off of my face!!
As a side note my JNCO took my posting to gagetown (which he wanted) so my office is a happier place to be today!!!

I am going to Air Crew Selection (Pilot was my first choice) so maybe I'll see some of you there! and then on BOTP phase 2 (I am sure it's the same as others OCDT until finished BOTC phase 2 and then 2LT)

Gonna be an awsome weekend!!!

Guess what! I recieved my offer this morning. I had given up hope weeks ago but, it is here. The original message was sent on April 4th,where it went I do not know. It wasn't until my COC made some phone calls that they found this out and had a new was sent in its place.
So I was officially posted as of the 15th, appointed to 2ndLt. with course dates to follow. What an emotional rollercoaster this whole process has been. Anyways hopefully I will get things sorted out and see some of you on course.

Congrats man!!  But just curious... the rest of us were appointed Officer Cadet, with promotion to 2Lt upon completion of BOTP at the end of the summer, course dates to follow. After you accept the offer they were send an acceptance message, most were sent yesterday.

Tim

Sorry my mistake, I meant so say OCdt. 2ndLt. after IAP/BOTP. Has anyone recieved course dates yet. I had a look at the course schedule for IAP WOW! Talk about basic stuff. How to march,wash clothes etc. My CO says he is going to try to get me out of all training that is not required. My message said IAP followed by BOTP phase 2.

Congrats patrolman, the only way you are getting out of IAP is if you have your PLQ or in your case ISCC, (I know, they probably changed the name) :salute: :army: :salute:

Yes I have it.The funny thing is if I had not recieved my offer I would be teaaching those same classes in the next couple of weeks on a BMQ. The message stated IAP BOTP Ph 2 Which kind of through me for a loop.

Good to hear, I didn't like the answer I originally got so I'm happy to hear that they put more effort into chasing it down.  You might have to write a letter to get IAP/BOTP waived.  Talk to the Lts there, they had to write one for their Ph 3 Qual.

Thanks Garret for getting this process kickstarted at various times. Like I said I had given up weeks ago. I would like to ask the LT's for some info but,they have all gone to the field with the BMQ.

Congrats patrol man, I also did most of the tracking down in regards to my CEOTP. You should check the dates on the original message, because mine said I had to sign and send in the acceptance by 15 April, and there would be no extensions! I hope you don't get screwed because of a technicality! Ya the BOTP IAP thing is tricky, one of the Infanteers at my Regimet (yes us Strats still have some TUA guys here) went with the UTPNCM and he did not have to do IAP or BOTP, but had to do something else, all classroom and sword drill (in deu's) He was a MCpl and they said itsd becuase he alreadfy did Inf PLQ (ISCC whatever). Well the issue I have have is When I did my JLC/JNCO I had infantry on it, so I hope I am not doing more then I have to, but I am sure my BTL clerk will sort it out!

I won't be surprised if we all get our course loading messages on the same day some time later this week. Looks like 28 Aug 07 for me, IAP. I don't care what course they load me on it will still be worth while in the end.

I did a JLC/JNCO in 2000 that was written off as a ISCC later that year, prior to the new DP system coming into play.
Borden is aware of the message coming in late and said it was not a problem considering the other one was lost somewhere.

Ya I did mine in 99, in Wainwright. I too really don't care what courses I have to do, as its all for the greater good, you Avro and myself will meet up for drinks sometime soon!!

Patrolman said:
Guess what! I recieved my offer this morning. I had given up hope weeks ago but, it is here. The original message was sent on April 4th,where it went I do not know. It wasn't until my COC made some phone calls that they found this out and had a new was sent in its place.
So I was officially posted as of the 15th, appointed to 2ndLt. with course dates to follow. What an emotional rollercoaster this whole process has been. Anyways hopefully I will get things sorted out and see some of you on course.

15th eh?

So you've been out of uniform for HOW many days now????

Good start  ;D

Good start is right. Even after signing the acceptance this morning at 9am it took five hours and much pressuring to get our BOR to send it back to Borden. The chief clerk was on leave and no one wanted to make a decision in the OR. I just have to shake my head at this point and look towards the future.

I just have a couple of questions for those who have accepted an offer for this yaers CEOTP NCM selection. It has been a week now since I signed my acceptance for infantry officer and I am still a MCpl. My questions are as follows:

1)When you signed your acceptance,how long before you were appointed OCdt.

2) Did you recieve a posting message seperate from your offer?

My unit informed me today that my commission was not one of their priorities. It would happen when it happens. Maintain a holding pattern, it may take a whle to come.

Back