• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview advice (merged)

boehm said:
No, they do not ask you any weird questions or pick you apart, at least not in my experience. When I did my interview the person interviewing me just asked about things such as what sports I did in highschool, previous work experience, what is the role of the Canadian Forces, why do I want to join, etc. They basically just want to find out what type of personal qualities you have and if you are a suitable candidate for you trade choice.

that is right on, it is very easy like to other person said honesty is a really big one, and be relaxed,good luck

it is the same, in my opinion, although some may classify diferent types of volunteer work as community service rather than just 'vulunteering' ie. volunteering could be helping out at a local theatre (theatrical arts, not cinema) whereas 'community service' would be things lke planting trees, working at the food bank, cleaning up parks, etc.

My favourite question is always in regards to current/former employment.

"X is your manager?  Okay, if I were to phone up X right now, what would he or she say about you?"

It just strikes me as odd.

BDTyre said:
My favourite question is always in regards to current/former employment.

"X is your manager?  Okay, if I were to phone up X right now, what would he or she say about you?"

It just strikes me as odd.

Just wanting to know everything I can about the whole recruiting process, the more i know the better i will do.  Its just good to always have a good knowledge of everything.  I think if someone called my employeer,  my employeer would give me a really good reference. 

Make sure you fill out and memorize the Preparing for your Interview sheet and you will do fine.

kincanucks said:
Make sure you fill out and memorize the Preparing for your Interview sheet and you will do fine.

thats what i was gonna say. i couldnt remender exacly what a infantry 021 does but he recommended me anyway...probably because of  :cdn: my :cdn:huge :cdn:patriotism :cdn:...i guess

i couldnt remender exacly what a infantry 021 does but he recommended me anyway..

Hmmmm, 021 is Field Artillery and 031 is Infantry.  You might want to remember that important fact.

kincanucks said:
i couldnt remender exacly what a infantry 021 does but he recommended me anyway..

Hmmmm, 021 is Field Artillery and 031 is Infantry.  You might want to remember that important fact.
mys typed it

Argh im feeling kinda screwed, i just got my interview sheet on friday, filling it out tonight, and my interview is 2moro! i dont have time to memorize it lol, im barely able to think of stuff for all the questions, im just gonna have to wing it!  im going for reserves though, hopefully they are easier on me.        but man, i dont have time to memorize it. :( im worried now

He who puts off what he can do today (Fri) until tomorrow (today) is SOL.  Good luck.

kincanucks said:

we were suppost to get a sheet lol i never got one and i still passed (twice)

Scottyg said:
Argh im feeling kinda screwed, i just got my interview sheet on friday, filling it out tonight, and my interview is 2moro! i dont have time to memorize it lol, im barely able to think of stuff for all the questions, im just gonna have to wing it!   im going for reserves though, hopefully they are easier on me.         but man, i dont have time to memorize it. :( im worried now

I didn't fill out the interview sheet and I did fine.  They didn't ask me any of the questions on there.

Rubes said:
I didn't fill out the interview sheet and I did fine.   They didn't ask me any of the questions on there.

Well it is good to see that the rule of "if you don't have your Preparing for Your Interview filled out and handed in" you don't get interviewed is being followed.  Some CFRC/Ds can't follow simple standardized processing. No wonder applicants get pissed off.

PPPPPP - Prior Preperation and Planning Prevent Poor Performance; remember that next time you decide to skimp out on what your recruiter (or any other military superior) tells you to prepare properly for something.

I have been wanting to join the forces since i was a little girl, i am now 24 and used to be a cadet, although that seems like a lifetime ago, Just curious about what to expect when and if I go to the recruiters office. Can any one help me out?

Rebel_RN said:
I have been wanting to join the forces since i was a little girl, i am now 24 and used to be a cadet, although that seems like a lifetime ago, Just curious about what to expect when and if I go to the recruiters office. Can any one help me out?

Due to the fact that this is a DAP, you should definitely visit the FAQ page and that will give you PPPPPP.

A little off topic here.  I can not BELIEVE the hoop jumping involved in becoming a soldier these days.  I kid you not, I went from freckle faced kid walking past the Recruiting Centre in Vancouver, to scared shitless recruit getting screamed at in the drill shed in Cornwallis at 3:00 AM within a week.  Ah well, diversion ends, back to your regularly scheduled repetitive questions...

Oh, and good luck to all you new boots  :salute:

Kat

A little off topic here.  I can not BELIEVE the hoop jumping involved in becoming a soldier these days.  I kid you not, I went from freckle faced kid walking past the Recruiting Centre in Vancouver, to scared shitless recruit getting screamed at in the drill shed in Cornwallis at 3:00 AM within a week.  Ah well, diversion ends, back to your regularly scheduled repetitive questions...

Like I told TCBF, if you tried to join the army today you would never make it...

You're right Brit. Being a lowly highschool dropout, not this day and age.  When I joined, you didn't need calculus to figure out which end the bullets came out of, or a degree in journalism to sign a temp issue card.  Priorities have changed I guess...Boy, I feel old.... :'(

Kat

Back