• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview advice (merged)

do not drink any coffee.
I was a littel nevus and man with the coffee buzz I was a shivering mess
but i always get nerves in a interview.

also think of some week points of your self and be ready to show that you can improve because they will fined that point and ask a lot about it (me its being a bit of a loner no large team exp.)

I go for my fitness test on May 11th.. what CFRC are you going to? I'll be in Hamilton..

How will I know if I failed the interview?

Will they tell me roght there and then?

I want to know because I am nervous and want it done right.

in the interview be honest and tell the truth , as well be prepared, He or She will ask you some pretty important ?'s, like why you want to join, what your plans are , and what the trade that you are applying for involves, I applied for artillery and before i went for my interview i read every thing i could find about it, he was surprised about how much i knew, it shows them you are very interested and shows that you are responsible. good luck, its not that bad like i said just be prepared .

if you do this or have done this the interview will be a smooth process, if your not sure how you did in the interview call and talk to the recruiter. All and All the interview is not a test, just a chance for the recruiter to sit down with you and talk one on one to see what you are like and what your plans are.  :salute:

army_paralegal said:
How will I know if I failed the interview?

Will they tell me roght there and then?

I want to know because I am nervous and want it done right.

After my interview the recruiter told me "I'm going to recommend you for ......." I think that is the indicator.

army_paralegal said:
Recommend you for what?

Army, air force, navy, or whatever I left it blank because it doesnt matter. But when he/she says I recommened you I think thats what you're looking for.

paralegal, I must say something. You've posted here a lot about the recruitment process, and have made it very clear that you're extremely nervous.

Theres thousands of individuals in the CF, so if they've made it through, you shouldnt have such a problem. Relax for gods sake, enjoy the ride and stop stressing over the little things. Believe me, there is going to be a lot of things in your career that are going to dwarf this period as you endure the recruitment process. Start early at calming down.

I've said this before in other threads, and im simply beating a dead horse. Seriously, its no big deal at all.

Copper_ said:
After my interview the recruiter told me "I'm going to recommend you for ......." I think that is the indicator.

Also you may get this one:  "I find you suitable and competitive for your trade"

spenco said:
Also you may get this one:   "I find you suitable and competitive for your trade"

Ya my recruiter said "You have a solid application and you are a strong candidate for your trade" but i think they just have a list of generic things they say. Thats why I want to find out my MP score so I know how I really did.

Will they bring up the things they feel are most important or questionable? If you didn't fill out some of the things that are not necessarily required will they ask you for Example"Why don't you have any community service? or Why haven't you had a real job ever?" Just wondering but I'm going to go bust my butt finding as much community service hours as i can.

I wouldn't sweat it, they aren't looking for the ultra gungho super volunteer, they are looking to see what kind of a citizen you are. if you have not done much community service, tell them what you have done, and when, and that is it.

as for the jobs, I have been working at my 'real' job for about 6 mos, before that, I was working part time, and going to school. if you give them reasons for your situation, you will be fine.

The main thing is, BE HONEST  if you are completely honest, you should have no problems at all, I did my interview yesterday, and everything went fine, despite my worrying. The interview is to find out if you are a good applicant, not man (or woman) of the year.

drive2live said:
in the interview be honest and tell the truth , as well be prepared, He or She will ask you some pretty important ?'s, like why you want to join, what your plans are , and what the trade that you are applying for involves, I applied for artillery and before i went for my interview i read every thing i could find about it, he was surprised about how much i knew, it shows them you are very interested and shows that you are responsible. good luck, its not that bad like i said just be prepared .

if you do this or have done this the interview will be a smooth process, if your not sure how you did in the interview call and talk to the recruiter. All and All the interview is not a test, just a chance for the recruiter to sit down with you and talk one on one to see what you are like and what your plans are.   :salute:

"and what the trade that you are applying for"  What does this mean exactly?  What possition you are aplying for, like armor, artillery?  Or specific like, Combat engineer, or line technician?

Bloody-Caesar said:
"and what the trade that you are applying for"  What does this mean exactly?  What possition you are aplying for, like armor, artillery?  Or specific like, Combat engineer, or line technician?

This page lists the available trades for Regular and Reserve applicants. For Reservists, it will also be dependent on what types of units are in your local area.

http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/army/jobs_e.aspx

Thanks for the tip Torn. What is the difference between volunteer work and community service anyhow?

From my understanding the interview is basicly just as any other interview you would have at any job,  mainly there to find out if your suitable for the job.  One question I have is during the interview or recruting process is there anytime where they pick you apart and ask weird questions like they would during a police or city firefighter recruiting,  kinda like a polygraph or whatever. 

Thanks

i'd reccomend searching the records to find a more thorough answer.. however, MY interview didn't have any bizarre questions. it's a no-nonsense interview where honesty counts.

No, they do not ask you any weird questions or pick you apart, at least not in my expierience. When I did my interview the person interviewing me just asked about things such as what sports I did in highschool, previous work expierence, what is the role of the Canadian Forces, why do I want to join, etc. They basically just want to find out what type of personal qualities you have and if you are a suitable candidate for you trade choice.

Back