• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Int to CSIS?

MedTech said:
The also have a Marine Corps, and Army Aviation! Maybe we should start emulating those practices too?

The CF is slowly opening up opportunities for direct entry Int O and Int Ops. The results are varied, and although the Branch has produced some fine DEO and DE Int Ops... I for one am NOT convinced of the practice. That being said I've worked with 1 Int Op that's a direct entry and he's bang on. Then again... he's got a LE background too, and is used to thinking like a bad guy.

Hmm. Makes sense.

Neo Cortex said:
Enlisted members of the US military have the option of going directly into Intelligence. After an 8-12-week Intelligence School (depending on branch) they get their first posting.

If the US does it on a regular basis, what's to stop the CF from doing it as well? It seems to work for them, or they would have curbed the practice.

OK?  The CF hasn't been in the habit of hiring off the street until just recently.  That means the Trade was only open to "Enlisted members".  So?  What was your point?

Wow. This thread has been incredible.

Just wanted to thank you all for your opinions. I learned a lot from each of you, and I appreciate the time you guys all took to share your thoughts!

Back